Arizona-Phoenix
Options

Bridesmaids Gifts?

Hey Ladies,
I need some help thinking of ideas for Bridesmaids gifts. So far, I bought them all a jeweled hair thing, but I want to get them some other things too. I don't think they need to match or be the same because the girls are all so different style-wise but I am at a loss. Any good ideas?
BabyFruit Ticker

Re: Bridesmaids Gifts?

• Options
    schlueter2010schlueter2010 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011

I got my girls a few things. I have 8 bridesmaids so I needed something not too expensive & thoughtful at the same time! For my bach party we went to Hotel Valley Ho in Scottsdale & hung out by the pool all weekend. So to get them in the mood of the pool I bought them insulated totes w/ matching koozies - that can be used as a lunch tote or a cooler (it holds a six pack!) - pic below. I also made their jewelry (necklace & earrings) & I made each them a personalized wine glasses. I looked into buying jewelry through an etsy seller but she was going to charge me $20/set & with 8 people that is super spendy. I was able to buy the material and everything needed for the jewelry for like $50. For the wine glasses, I bought the actual glasses at the dollar store and then went to Michaels and bought glass paint and painted their first initial along with a simple design on them. On the bottom of the glass I wrote "Thanks!" and our wedding date. The glasses prob cost me $15 for all 8 of them.

I love the way everything turned out and I really love how personal they are. I hope they love them too!!

• Options
    edited December 2011
    Ooo I love the insulated tote & koozie! So cute! Where did you find those??
  • Options
    schlueter2010schlueter2010 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I got the insulated totes at exclusivelywedding.com - they always have sales and if you sign up for their email, they send you discounts there as well. I got 20% off my entire order, & they have that sale all the time so I would hold off until that sale is available again. My BMs LOVED them, so I am sure yours will too :) I even got one for myself!!!!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I'm getting my each of my girls a different necklace from this etsy shop in the wedding colors.  They each have a different personality and style, so I wanted to get them something they might actually wear again after the wedding.  :)
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I thought about getting necklace/earring sets from Etsy too and looked extensively!  They have so many cute things! 

In the end, I ended up getting clutches from the coach outlet.  I travel to California a lot for work and there are several outlets there.  They were about $50 and then I had a 30 percent off coupon.  I know there is also one in Vegas. 

In the end, I have always heard that you should shop like it is their birthday!  I also don't think that you have to get them the same thing if they all like different things.  So, if you buy with that in mind, you should be just fine!
    11/6/2010
    Planning Bio
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I got them each a earring and necklace set I found from a local artist and the Fair on the Square in Prescott one weekend, plus I got a pashmina for each of them since the event is all outside in Sedona and may be cool.  My mom is also making them something, which is a suprise for me as well!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards