Ohio-Toledo

location for engagement pictures.

So, my fiance and I are trying to come up with an alternate engagement picture taking location. Since it is November, we are a little concerened about weather. If it is not raining or snowing we would like our pictures at Sidecut Metropark (in Maumee). However, we are kind of at a loss for indoor location options. I looked at the art museums website and it says no flash photography allowed, so I'm not sure. Any suggestions would be wonderful. Thanks!!

Re: location for engagement pictures.

• edited December 2011
    Do you guys have anything you do regularly together, like bowling or shooting pool? That would make for some cute pics. Also, I have seen pictures taken in the couple's kitchen (or one of their kitchens) where the couple is making cookies together or cooking dinner. Those were super cute.

HTH!
  • cschuma2cschuma2 member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I totally don't know if this would be prohibited or not, but what about the zoo?  There would be tons of cute places for both indoor and outdoor shots.  It might be a fun afternoon to scope out some locations there the weekend before.

Also, do you have a photographer that routinely works wedding and engagement sessions?  They may have some great suggestions too.
    imageDaisypath Anniversary tickers
  • edited December 2011
       I've seen lots of people suggest the art museum.  Although I would call ahead and ask.  I know they do have some rules about photography, but I think they're ok with it as long as it's not flash photography...I'm not sure what quality of pictures you could achieve without a flash though, with their lighting.  Oh!  What about the Imagination Station(Old COSI)?  I could see that being SUPER cute, you would just have to pay a fee to get in, and work around any kids who might be there.  Maybe even some of the old churches downtown would let you come in for a little bit.  I would call ahead and ask at any place though.

If either of you are musical, that could also be a good photo opportunity.  I was doing senior pictures for a friend once, and it started raining right after we began shooting, so we ended up going to my piano teacher's house for a little bit and getting some shots with her baby grand.
    Daisypath Wedding tickers

• katlynwkatlynw member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Thanks for all the suggestions!
  • edited December 2011
    I dont know if you have done your pictures yet but I was just at Wildwood park and that place is awesome!! The Manor house would make a cool background it  had an awesome garden right next to it!!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards