Michigan-Grand Rapids

Salon Suggestions Please- St. Joseph

We are getting married at the Blue Dress Barn in June and I am looking for a hip/trendy hair salon in St. Jo.  So far, all I've found are kind of frumpy salons.  Any suggestions?  Thank you!!!  :)

Re: Salon Suggestions Please- St. Joseph

• AmoroAgainAmoroAgain member
    Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I had my hair done by Aimee at Sculptures Salon across the street from Tosi's cafe, downtown St. Joe.  When I still lived there, I always went to see her.  She managed to create my awesome 30's fingerwave look without ever having done it before and we had no practice session.  Definitely give her a shot.
  • edited December 2011
    I live in St. Joe and you should go to Salon Devior dowtown St. Joe.  I currently get my hair done there and they do an awesome job every time.  They will also come highly recommended from the locals.  There are 6 or so girls that can really do hair.  They also have the ability to do nails and pedi's and will treat you very well.

Carrine does my hair and she is the owner.  She will set you right up! Smile

Sincerely,

Pamela Brooks
  • edited December 2011
    PS.  I have pretty long hair and I went to Amiee at sculptures in St. Joe b/c I had a gift card.  It took her almost 2.5 hours to do a side pony with some curls and it cost me $88. 

Salon Devior is much better at hair and gives a better price.  I will be going their for my fall 2010 wedding.
  • AmoroAgainAmoroAgain member
    Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_michigan-grand-rapids_salon-suggestions-please-st-joseph?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:95Discussion:165a2a38-b04b-4554-a6c9-8aeaf106acdbPost:90c3c27e-212b-4f99-80e6-b43a629dfec4">Re: Salon Suggestions Please- St. Joseph</a>:
    [QUOTE]PS.  I have pretty long hair and I went to Amiee at sculptures in St. Joe b/c I had a gift card.  It took her almost 2.5 hours to do a side pony with some curls and it cost me $88.  Salon Devior is much better at hair and gives a better price.  I will be going their for my fall 2010 wedding.
    Posted by pamelajbrooks2010[/QUOTE]

Really?  That long, eh?  It took her 1.5 hours to do my super complicated updo that she hadn't practiced before.  Weird.
  • edited December 2011
    Thanks for the info ladies!  I actually just put my mom on salon duty and she really liked Salon Devoir, in fact, cannot stop talking about how friendly and accomodating they were on the phone.  I think we'll be going there.  Thanks again for your help!
    Jessica
  • karenwjackmkarenwjackm member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I've also heard that Friendz is a good spot.
    As my fiance is fond of saying, "Just Relax....."
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards