California-Northern

Dress shopping in Bay Area!

Any Bay Area brides have recommendations for bridal boutiques or wedding dress shops that I should visit? I haven't tried on any dresses yet so I'm looking for somewhere with a diverse collection of dresses, preferably in San Francisco or North Bay.

Thank you!

Re: Dress shopping in Bay Area!

• I visited two salons...
    1) Bridal Galleria - I don't highly recommend them. They weren't a miserable experience, but the girl I ended up with did NOT understand my aesthetic despite several pictures, a decent budget, and me talking to her. I ended up trying on dresses that I knew I wouldn't like before I even tried them on - but she refused to go grab others. />:| I'd also dare to say that their selection is a little limited, but they did have some nice styles available.
    OH. And, I actually went there specifically to try on the Vera Wang Diana dress (supposedly they're the only salon that carries Vera Wang in our area) and it was the biggest disappointment EVER. It was dirty, torn, and the "fluffiness" that you see in pictures was utterly deflated. This $7,000 dress looked like I rolled around in some sheets. What did she do to remedy the problem? Showed me a picture and told me to imagine it looking like that instead.

Uhh, sorry, but if I'm going to fork out 7 grand, the dress I try on better look like the dress I'm buying.

Anyway, back to the topic!!

I ended up purchasing from my dress at Jin Wang. She carries her own designs and also the designs of other higher end designers. The salon itself is like heaven -- it's all white with massive windows overlooking the city below. Loved it. Turns out the dress I bought was about $300 more than I could have gotten it elsewhere, but everything else about the experience was great so I'd recommend them.

Good luck!

Wedding Countdown Ticker

• If you are looking in the North Bay, I went to Brides and Maids (in Santa Rosa) a few years ago for my sister's wedding dress.  It was lovely!  It's a cute old Victorian house, and it's not huge, but they had some great dresses.  The ladies there let us do our own thing, no pressure.  I haven't yet gone to try on dresses for myself, but I definitely plan to go there.
  • I recommend Shadows in San Anselmo. They have a unique collection of beautiful reasonably priced dresses and the staff is very helpful.
  • I recommend Shadows in San Anselmo. They have a unique collection of beautiful reasonably priced dresses and the staff is very helpful.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards