Christian Weddings

Storm Rant

So my child had a baseball game last night. It rained a bit during the day but there was still a chance of showers. During about the 5th inning i guess the clouds were coming in and it was beginning to thunder. I picked up all my stuff and put it in the car... We saw a breif flash of lighting and my dad went and said something to the coach  "whos in charge it's gonna storm " .. He wasnt loud he was just to the point . The coach told him to chill out..Rather loudly I might add.... THEN they finally decide to call the game.. They said they would wait 15 minutes and see if it passed... So we ran to the cars as it began to really get windy and lighting was upon us ... It starts to pour and then they concede to say we can leave... Everybody leaves in the middle of the HUGE storm . I sat in my car. I was NOT driving home in that mess. Waited 20 minutes or so to leave. Roads were flooded once i did leave as well ... Why put kids in danger and parents at risk for an accident ?

There was no way to really avoid the storm it was cleary right on top of us as anyone can see. They were more concerned with the game because it was tied then to tell the kids to get off and find shelter. I for one was about to pull my kid off the feild myself. I told him if it happens again I will do it and if tell him to get off the feild then to just come with me and dont worry about it .

I was really appauled about how the coaches reacted to this number one and how he dared to say "chill " to my dad who was clearly looking at the intrest of saftey first .

He has a game on Sat I dont even wanna look at the coach I just have no words for it . He's a cubscout leader as well like he dosnt know saftey with weather conditions...

My dad is former president of the school board if he wanted to he could alert the athletic director of the litttle league and their lack of concern over a storm. They did this last year as well .. They started a game that was cleary in line for a storm .
Love is All You Need

Re: Storm Rant

• Yeah, sadly, it takes someone to get hurt until people realize these dangers.  But I'm glad you're okay.  And I wish this rain would just end!  It's been like non-stop for weeks.  
  • Gosh. Does this coach have kids of his own? That sickens me!
    What happened to the 90's when people cared about each other???
    I would have whipped my kid off the field so fast the coach would have gotten whiplash. This just makes me so mad.
    I'm sorry if you don't care that you get rained and stormed on and can drive in floods, but I care and would like to be able to get somewhere safe in time.
    K thanks!

/Rant over/

First Look
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers
  • Yep he has a kid on the team !  He was the coach last year as well ... Dont have any problems except the umpires/coaches not using thier heads to call a game ...

If they all wanted to get into an accident that's all on them. We live out in the country these roads flood in a hot minute. I dunno why any of them didnt stay and wait it out . My parents left right after they called it , they didnt make it home before it started, so everyone drove in that mess.. That was even more stupid. His grandmother lives 2 blocks from there I coulda waited it out at her place if they had called it at a decent time .

Love is All You Need
  • That's horrible. I agree, unfortunately a lot of times it takes someone getting hurt before people open their eyes and start properly watching for potential dangers.
  • It got worse... My dad dropped my kid off for practice last night and the coach handed him a paper on the rules /ettiqute that we were given at the beginning of the year , and told my dad that he [my dad] was disrespectful and loud. ...

Given the fact that I couldnt hear what my dad said to the coach and I only heard the coaches response of CHILL ! ... Really burns me ... My dad is 60+ years old and this was coming from someone who is maybe late 30's.. WOW... You'd think that clearly my dad has seen a few more baseball games in his time to know when it's safe / not safe.

If they had called the game when it began to thunder we wouldnt have had a problem but the coach also claimed that they handled the situation properly ... Again ... WOW...

I dont know what it is with people who have no dignity for anyone else and think they own the world . My dad was so dumbfounded and taken aback by that he just walked away. I would have politly handed back the paper and said something tackful enough to tell him he was dead wrong but there were kids around obviously.

My father is a pastor, on an ethics committe and the former president of the school board and this "coach" had the nerve to say that to him .
    Love is All You Need
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards