Louisiana-Baton Rouge
Options

Old State Capitol

Hi there!
Just got engaged.  I have been considering the Old State Capitol for the reception.  Of course I want to keep a reasonable budget.  Has anyone gotten married there?  Do you think it was worth the effort of obtaining all the outside vendors?  Or is it just easier and more budget friendly to go with a more all inclusive place?

Re: Old State Capitol

• Options
    I am also considering some of the other venues downtown...shaw center, old governor's mansion.  Anyone with experience at any of these places have any advise?
  • Options
    Before you commit to any of the downtown venues, be sure to consult the rental company for tables and chairs. I have a friend that is getting married at the Shaw Center and those extra rentals add of quickly. It can quickly add to a $1k to the venue budget.  in short, just do your homework. Happy Planning!
    March 2013 January siggy challenge - hair inspiration Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Options
    Oh and and I almost forgot! Congratulations on getting engaged!!!! 
    March 2013 January siggy challenge - hair inspiration Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Options
    The downtown venues are gorgeous but like the previous poster said, costs for rentals (tables, chairs, etc.) add up quickly. Also, I know the Old State Capital and the Shaw Center only allow certain caterers. Parking is also an issue if you have older guests attending. I really wanted the Shaw Center but the closest free parking lot was about a block away and I was concerned about my more "seasoned" guests having to walk.

Congrats and good luck!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards