Kentucky
Options

Wedding rookies

Hey everyone, we just got engaged about a week ago. We're just starting the process of planning for our wedding. We live in Lexington, and plan on getting married here (or within a reasonable distance). We are shooting for September/October 2013. Basically, just looking for any and all hints/suggestions/pointers, etc.

Re: Wedding rookies

• Options
    Congratulations!!!!

First decide on a budget.  Then prioritize what you want...how many guests really changes what you can do.

For us, photography was the most important, so it was our splurge item and we cut back on other things (like flowers)

Then book your venue and go from there.  Book early since they good places reserve early especially if it's a popular time of season.  We reserved our venue 14 months in advance and it's now full through 2013!  

Soak it all in, start early, and have fun with it!!  Use TK's checklists and your wedding month board to keep you on track gather ideas and calm you down when things get crazy!
    Follow Me on Pinterest Anniversary
  • Options
    Congratulations!

I agree, knowing your budget is the first important task. October is the dryest month of the year, but an occasional cold snap can happen. We catered a reception at a local winery the first week of October. The couple got a great deal for the outdoor space. I suggested renting some outdoor heaters just in case it got cold - and just our luck, it was cold. But for $250 the couple was able to rent the heaters and everyone was comfortable. It's a beautiful month for an outdoor wedding, but I do suggest having the heaters just in case. it's the best insurance money you'll ever spend!

In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_kentucky_wedding-rookies?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local Wedding BoardsForum:86Discussion:6b07fde6-f482-4b1c-bf4b-c52f1384cbe9Post:dd2ce8bb-baaa-4d59-804a-11c5a3832275">Wedding rookies</a>:
    [QUOTE]Hey everyone, we just got engaged about a week ago. We're just starting the process of planning for our wedding. We live in Lexington, and plan on getting married here (or within a reasonable distance). We are shooting for September/October 2013. Basically, just looking for any and all hints/suggestions/pointers, etc.
    Posted by tedadams38[/QUOTE]
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards