North Carolina-Raleigh-Durham
Options

Biltmore or Cardinal Club or?

I would like to get some opinions of "what would you do?".  Biltmore Estate - nice views and we are sure the pictures will come out great! However, it's gonna be at least 10k more than Cardinal Club of Raleigh.  Cardinal Club is a great place and the prices is reasonable too.  However, we are not sure where to take pcitures in between ceremony (Sacred Heart Cathedral) and reception besides around downtown with tall buildings - we want outdoor/park settings.  What would you do?  Go with your dream or save money?

Re: Biltmore or Cardinal Club or?

• Options
    Cara ReiheldCara Reiheld member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Hi there! My name is Cara Galati. I own f8 photo studios and we do tons of weddings. I have shot at both Cardinal Club as well as Biltmore and unfortunately I have to say that Biltmore was a huge disappointment from a customer service perspective. I love it there and I am a passholder, but was astounded at the level of poor service when I shot there last October. the images were amazing and it was an awesome opportunity to have the place to ourselves to shoot but not worth it unless you hire a separate wedding planner. The Cardinal Club on the other hand has great service and they just remodeled their spaces with a fresh, clean look.

Good luck!! I am a good reseourse if you need anything!
  • Options
    pirategal03pirategal03 member
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    It depends. 

Could you change the time of photos so that you'll be able to get to an outdoor/park area?  You could do them before the ceremony instead of between?  The Raleigh Rose Garden isn't too far from downtown, and might fit your photo criteria. 

Would either place fit into your budget?  We ended up under budget, but I'd have still had a hard time finding another $10k for our wedding without using credit cards, etc.  I don't think a one day party is a reason to go into debt, and I don't think going into debt is a good way to start a marriage, so that would have been the determining factor for us.
  • Options
    alongamore17alongamore17 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Sacred heart is such a beautiful place for pictures. I go to mass there alot!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Thanks Pirategal03! I looked at Raleigh Rose garden and it is a good option.  I'm not familiar with Raleigh area so if you or anyone else has other ideas, please do let me know!  I don't think we'll be able to do it before the ceremony because we have a tight schedule - need to do traditional stuff before the ceremony (I'm asian).  Besides Cardinal Club, any other nice venue? 
  • Options
    tarheelbabstarheelbabs member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    State Capitol grounds are great for photos. And in front of the building the Cardinal Club is in--lots of cool light and shadows there.
  • Options
    MyUserName1MyUserName1 member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its First Comment
    edited December 2011
    The Raulston Arboretum near the Fairgrounds is a great place for pictures also.  And a little more private than the RLT Rose Garden.  Lots of winding paths and gazebos and the like.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Thanks for all the replies! We decided we are going to go with Cardinal Club.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards