California-Orange County
Options

Fire Season 2010

Besides the absolute devastation that occurs from the raging fires we get every year, is anyone nervous about having your wedding during fire season and it snowing ash all over your dress, outdoor weddng, tent, guests, cars, and the horrible air quality?
Fiance and I helped his parents pack up and evacuate Nov. 2008 when Brea was on fire. We are getting married in November and that makes me nervous. Anyone have the same concerns? 

Re: Fire Season 2010

• Options
    edited December 2011
    with fires causing so much devastation.. i would think ash falling on your dress would be the least of worries.. also keep in mind the same areas dont burn every year. if you're concerned, pick a location not surrounded by dry vegetation, have an indoor wedding, or change the date.
    Meagan and Travis
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    BFP 2/27/11 Missed M/C 4/2/11
    BFP 6/8/11 Delilah Rae born February 17, 2012
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    ocgirl310ocgirl310 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    ok, thank you??  I am aware of the fact that my wedding means nothing compared to the "absolute devastation caused by the raging fires" (in my original post) and was just looking to see if anyone else had the same concerns.
  • Options
    lala90lala90 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Well have you already set your date and venue?  I would be pretty concerned about an outdoor wedding in Novemeber.  Unless you are getting married indoors or at the beach you may have fire issues, wind issues, or heat issues.  I went to a late October wedding in Riverside last year and it was nearly 100 degrees with raging wind.  The whole thing was outside and most of the guest left right after the ceremony:(
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    woah there.. i never said your wedding means nothing compared to the fires. your first question was about the ash making your wedding dirty, and i answered it. i also gave you ideas on how to avoid that problem. relax.
    Meagan and Travis
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    BFP 2/27/11 Missed M/C 4/2/11
    BFP 6/8/11 Delilah Rae born February 17, 2012
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    kasarinkasarin member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    That was actually one of my concerns too... not so much because I worried about our venue catching fire, but because it seems we have to prepare to evacuate every single year, and usually around October/November. And, I don't think I could have gotten through the day not knowing if my, my parent's and my friend's homes were okay.

I think you'll be okay. You just have to have a back up plan, just like you would if it rained.
  • Options
    ocgirl310ocgirl310 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011

Thanks ladies I was wondering if anyone had the same worries, and fortunately I am not haveing an outdoor wedding. I think I may have sounded misleading writing "outdoor wedding/tent" but I put that to see if anyone was concerned about ash about their outdoor wedding. But it would still be a bummer since we are having pics done outside.
    Kasarin- that was what I was thinking too. the chance of the venue or church burning down is pretty slim, but the hassle of people being evacuated from their homes and not being able to breath because of poor air quality (esp for elderly and those with asthma) is a possiblity.
    meagan- no worries:) i wasn't upset

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards