Christian Weddings

a mini-prayer...

This isn't major at all, just a tiny little request if you think of it. The picture challenge made me think to post it.

My grandfather's both passed away my sophomore year of college. My paternal grandfather died 2 weeks before Christmas and my maternal grandfather died 1 week after Easter. So it has been 6 years. But for some reason, I have been missing them a lot lately. I've always missed them, but we're talking missing them so much that when an older gentlemen came through the drive-thru the other day when I was working I had to turn away to avoid bursting into tears because he reminded me of my grandfather. It may be because of planning the wedding and I'm more aware of the fact that they won't be there or maybe just the added hormones since I started BC, I really don't know but I've just been getting these random wrenching pains of missing them lately. I miss my grandmothers as well (my paternal grandmother I miss who she used to be since she is suffering from dementia and my maternal grandmother I have not seen in several years since moving to Florida), but I think the missing of my grandfathers is worse since I know I won't see them again.

Thanks for a little prayer if you think of me! :)

Re: a mini-prayer...

• edited December 2011
    Aww hunny, I said a prayer for you. I have been there so many times. I miss my grandparents a lot - I only have one left out of all of them. <3 hugs.
  • iamjoesgurliamjoesgurl member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Both of my grandfathers are gone too.  I wasn't close with my paternal grandfather but I was close with my maternal grandfather.  He passed away less than a year before I met Joe.  He would always ask me if I was married yet (as a joke) since I hadn't gotten married by age 35 when he died.  I missed having him at our wedding and I'm really sorry that Joe never got to meet him.  I am at the point now that I can look at pictures of him and hear stories (or think of his stories) and just smile.  

Hang in there Rachel.  It is hard but you'll get through it.
  • edited December 2011
    Will do, girlie.  No prayer is too small to ask for some Godly intervention!! :-)  
    July 16, Our Wedding Day, is also International Juggling Day!
  • edited December 2011
    I'm in the same boat!!  Prayers are coming your way.

I think another reason is because of what I posted in the siggy challenge (my grandpa had a drywalling business, we're building a house, fill in the blanks).

CW Siggy : Favorite Flower
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    Any and all God created. Each one is a masterpiece. :)

I'm married!! As of May 1st, 2011. :)

Daisypath Vacation tickers
  • twixinthemixtwixinthemix member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I miss my grandma's too!  I think grandparents are amazing.  Both of my grandfather's actually died when my parents were kids (5 and 7) and neither grandma remarried so they were very strong women. My last gradnmas died just a couple summers ago, and I know it'll be a sore spot on the day of the wedding with not having her there.  I'll pray for you!

2012 Reading Challenge

2012 Reading Challenge
    Erin has read 1 book toward her goal of 25 books.
    hide
    Follow Me on Pinterest Married Bio and For Sale! Updated 12/23
    "And now you stand before me today, and with all my heart I say, that you are God's miracle to me." June 18th, 2011
  • edited December 2011
    I will pray Rachel! I lost my paternal grandma when I was in 4th grade and my paternal grandfather when I was in 10th grade and I do think of them and wish they could be at my wedding. They will be watching you, smiling, on the most wonderful day of your life.    
  • edited December 2011
    i will be praying for you, Rachel! 

I lost my gma this past November. it was VEERRRYYY hard for me. She had been battling cancer since last summer...so it was good that she was out of pain, but i missed her. 
    It was even harder because i didn't have FI here to comfort me. He got to meet her last summer...i was sooo happy he did! She helped raise me, my sister, and my brothers. 
    Sometimes i think about it and cry a little....to think she won't be here on my big day...but i know she will be looking down on me. 

i will be wearing her 40th anniversary ring as my something old. (: 

She was my last living grandparent. 
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards