October 2012 Weddings
Options

Ok. Who is on a diet?

I do not do diets. I love food, and I have a serious sweet tooth. However, I tried my dress on over the past weekend and it is a little snug. FI and I have decided to start working out (another thing I usually do not do), but I want to try to eat better as well.

So my questions are: Who has some tips on weight loss? What kind of healthy, but still delicious, meals do you make for dinner? What is best to eat for breakfast (I always eat cereal)? What foods do you cut out?

Anything you can tell me is helpful. Thanks!
172 Invited. image
130 Accepted. image
42 Declined. image
0 Can't find the mailbox. imageWedding Countdown Ticker

Re: Ok. Who is on a diet?

• Options
    I am doing weight watchers. I love it because its a no think diet, you don't have to work out I eat 1 regular meal a day and 2 frozen weight watchers or lean cuisine meals a day i have the weight watchers snacks such as cookie dough ice cream yumm! When I follow the plan and stay under my points i looses 2-4 pounds a week with not doing anything but eating. When I follow the plan and get to the gym I have lost up to 7 1/2 lbs in 1 week ! Online membership is only $20 a month and alot of people sign up get their points value and then cancel I like staying an active member for the e tools and bar scanner app.
  • Options
    Wow, that's amazing!
    172 Invited. image
    130 Accepted. image
    42 Declined. image
  • Options
    Water, water, water! It fills me up throughout the day and keeps me from drinking sugary drinks or soda. I bought a plastic water bottle and I fill it up every few hours, so on a given day I drink close to 100 ounces of water. I also eat cereal for breakfast, usually raisin bran. But for me, snacking can be a diet killer, so I only bring fruit or veggies to work to avoid all temptations. Summer happens to be one of the best seasons for snacking on fruit, there are so many delicious fruits in season! I pack lunches for FI and myself, which helps us stay away from going out for lunch. I also try to do yoga a few times a week first thing in the morning, it really starts my day on the right foot.
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers
  • Options
    We just started eating better this week.  We do this every once in a while.  I am cutting out most carbs.  This helps alot but I get really moody about a week in and then it goes away.  We lost alot of weight doing a high protien, low carb diet.

As for breakfast, I think that something with protien is really good.  Eggs is #1 for us when we have breakfast.
    Anniversary imagemy read shelf:
    Cathy (CathyL7910)'s book recommendations, liked quotes, book clubs, book trivia, book lists (read shelf)
  • Options
    mpjf1001mpjf1001 member
    First Anniversary First Comment Combo Breaker
    edited July 2012

Personally i would watch the sodium in the WW/ Lean Cuisine meals...
    If you are looking for something that doesnt cost anything, try signing up for my fitness pal or something of the sort, you can track your calories and see where you are over eating or undereating....

For me eating whole foods, meaning i try to avoid food that comes packaged...i do have a sweet tooth however and i slip up sometimes but it happens

I usually eat egg whites and ezekial bread for breakfast
    Chicken and sweet potatoes or vegetables for lunch/dinner
    and snack on fresh cut veggies or fruit, greek yogurt, nuts, hummus, etc
    and tons of water!!

• Options
    Lots of water, and smaller, more frequent meals! That's what I'm doing. That and running (I started week six of Couch to 5K today).
    Anniversary
  • Options
    Seconding Shoebie: WW is the only thing that works for me.
    October 2012 December Siggy - A Favorite Wedding Photo image
  • Options

My best advice is cardio, cardio, cardio!!  Try to avoid sodium and drink lots of water.  I like a breakfast of Greek yogurt and fruit.  If you like cereal for breakfast find one with a lot of fiber.  I was able to lose my quit smoking weight by 3 days a week cardio, a healthy breakfast and trying to be careful with my snacking.  I also really recommend brushing your teeth right after dinner.  I know, it sounds weird but it sends a signal to your brain that you are done eating for the day.  It completely stops the urge for late night snacking. 

Anniversary wedding-1 my read shelf:
    Heidi's book recommendations, liked quotes, book clubs, book trivia, book lists (read shelf)
  • Options

Thanks for all the awesome advice ladies!

172 Invited. image
    130 Accepted. image
    42 Declined. image
  • Options
    I know alot of people say watch the sodium in the ww/lean cuisine meals but I have never had a problem with them there really the only thing that works for me its a no think way nuke it and done. Wal mart sells all the meals $1 cheaper then shop rite too
  • Options
    Another weight watcher here. It has always worked for me and I always eventually fall off the wagon at some point. But I am still able to eat whatever I want until then just in moderation.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    I am not on a diet but I am trying to lower my daily caloric intake.  I track my calories and my work outs on my fitness pal.  For my height and weight I am given 1200 calories a day.  I also worked out burning 715 calories so my total for the day is 1915.  This is not a typical day for me but I know I am going out to a eat and I wanted extra calories so I could get something delicious:)  I agree on the water - drink, drink, drink! 

I think the most important thing is portion control.  Don't give up all your favorite food but just don't pig out on them.  Have a small piece of chocolate if you want it.  As for breakfast protein and fiber help to fill you up best for the day.   I agree on the water - drink, drink, drink!

Also on the weight watchers/ lean cuisine topic- I eat them every once in a while because there are some that I do like.    But about five years ago I was eating them everyday for lunch over the course of 2 months or so.  I had to stop because it was causing me to have pain in my kidneys.  So just be careful.

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Options
    Im also doing WW just started a few weeks ago, I have seen great results so far! 
    Wedding Countdown Ticker 169 Invited image
    60 Yes image
    16 No image
    93 Have me praying for the mailman! image
  • Options
    Weight gain for me is almost always pms related or pop related. So when I stepped on a scale Monday and saw I'd gained 10lbs since the last time I tried on my dress 5 months ago, I got a bit panicked. Usually 5lbs is the most I'll fluctuate. So, I'm cutting out pop, high-sodium/ sugar foods, and drinking lots of water. Just in the past 3 days, I'm down 4 of those pounds. I'm hoping the rest will go just as easily.
    Ovarian cyst lapro: '01, '04, '09 Conal biopsy: '01- results negative Dilation: '03 for cervical scarring Pcos test: '05, FSH and LH normal Mirena removed July '12 My Ovulation Chart
  • Options
    I usually end up eating lighter in the summer anyway, but the easiest ways to do so (for me) are making dinner salads and eating fruit for dessert instead of ice cream, etc.

Dinner salads are super easy to make: you grill some chicken/fish/shrimp/steak and toss with veggies or fruit over a bed of lettuce (I use the bagged, prewashed, precut stuff). My favorite combos are:

chicken, peach slices, and chopped almonds or walnuts
    shrimp, cherry tomatoes, red onion, bell peppers, and cilantro
    mahi mahi (or another sturdy fish), grapefruit, and avocado
    steak, sweet corn kernels, red onion, and a small sprinkling of shredded cheese

my favorite dessert fruits (extra sweet and juicy): watermelon, peaches/nectarines, pluots (a cross between a plum and an apricot), mango
  • Options
    I've been doing WW since February and have lost about 20 pounds. I agree with pocky...it's the only thing that works for me. I also don't feel like it's a diet. I can eat what I enjoy, but it's all about portion size and moderation.

Created by MyFitnessPal - Free Calorie Counter

261 Invited image
    174 Want to Party image
    56 Are Party Poopers image
    31 Can't find the mailbox image
  • Options
    edited July 2012
    I really appreciate all of the advice. Here goes nothing!!
    172 Invited. image
    130 Accepted. image
    42 Declined. image
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards