Alabama

Venues between Auburn and Birmingham---ANYWHERE!

I am having a problem contacting most of the venues I have considered (which is aggravating in itself) but the few I have contacted/seen I did not really like for various reasons, except for one.  The only problem with the one that I halfway like is that it being a city park does not provide ample seating or tables for the reception.  After seeing how much rental of these items are it is obvious one is better off to rent a place that provides such and I also would not mind finding somewhere that had an indoor option in the event of rain.  So what I'm asking my fellow knotties is this:  where in Alabama are some good places to get married (and the less expensive the better)?  My fiance grew up in Alabaster (close to Birmingham) and I grew up in Ashland (a very small town south of Talladega) but we now live in Auburn.  So pretty much anywhere in between Birmingham and Auburn would work.  Thanks!!

Re: Venues between Auburn and Birmingham---ANYWHERE!

• stahlkcstahlkc member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I just signed with Buena Vista Mansion in Prattville, AL. The director there is so nice and easy to work with (she is also a caterer). They do outside weddings, but have a great indoor option in case of rain. Because it is part of the Autauga County Heritage Association, the director position is a volunteer position. That means that the director is only there on Tuesdays. However, she is really great at getting back to you on Tuesdays. I've never had trouble getting in touch with her.

I just loved the house and the outdoor setting. The price is pretty reasonable as well. Check out the website, as well as their facebook page:

http://www.autaugaheritage.org/buena-vista/index.html

https://www.facebook.com/buenavistaprattville?sk=wall

Hope this helps!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • edited December 2011
    There is a brand new venue in Chelsea, AL called Autumn Ridge.  It's BEAUTIFUL.  The owners are amazing to work with.  The view outside is beautiful, but they also have a gorgeous backup plan inside.  They are so new that they don't have their website up yet, but you can check out some pics here: http://www.facebook.com/media/set/?set=a.237729112913184.66916.199271446758951&type=1 It's seriously my fav venue ever!

The Sterling Castle is also very neat...in Columbiana.  www.sterlingcastle.com

Gaslight House in Pelham is a really budget friendly option. www.gaslighthouse.com

Let me know if I you want some more options!

• carolg1carolg1 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Isn't there a cute old theater in Talladega? Also there's a venue in Pell City called Celebrations that a lot of people use. And Morgan Creek Winery in Harpersville.

• edited December 2011
    Check out Stillwaters in Dadeville. But be mindful of wherever you choose so that you have access to good vendors such as florists and caterers. Some businesses charge a lot to travel. Best wishes!
  • edited December 2011
    The Sonnet House in Leeds has an attractive indoor option, and they provide their own tables and seeting.  They are also very responsive - they were the first vendor to get back to me via email, and they return phone calls, too.  We decided on a less expensive church wedding, but their price was reasonable for what they were offering.  You can choose your own vendors with them, but they're also happy to recommend vendors they've worked with in the past.
  • edited December 2011
    Thanks guys!  We are still looking, but have a few options in mind now thankfully!  :)  I don't know why I had not thought of the Stillwaters thing...and vendors are not a problem as most of that is family or old family friends that would be at the wedding no matter where it is, I'm VERY lucky in that aspect for sure.  We did look at the Sonnet House though, very pretty.  Thanks again ladies! 
  • edited December 2011
    I know how you feel! I got engaged last November and booked my venue this September. I went to every venue in Alabama. (literally) You could try Springville, its about 15-20 minutes outside of Birmingham. The venue where my wedding and reception is is Mountain View Gardens and Ballroom and it is GORGEOUS! You have the wedding outside (unless it rains) then you have it in the ballroom (which is breathtaking) & the package for the venue it includes the flowers for the bride, bridesmaid, maid of honor, Groom, Groomsmen, Mothers, etc. & it includes so much more! & it is 10 times cheaper than any that I have been to! (: Working with them has been STRESS FREE! The owners are some of the nicest people and are super easy to work with! You can go to there website mountainviewgardensandballroom.com (they have a facebook too) or you can call the owner Debiie (205)629-6791. Hope I helped! lol 
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards