Connecticut
Options

Venue Suggestions for New Haven County

I'm recently engaged and planning a March 2014 wedding. I know it's early to start planning but I'll be doing everything from Virginia because my fiance is stationed here so I want to get as much done early as I can. I'm looking for a venue near New Haven/Milford, I'd like something a little different but would appreciate any suggetions! Smile

Re: Venue Suggestions for New Haven County

• Options
    We are getting married at lighthouse point park in new haven. But it is on the beach so it probably just won't be good for march weather. But just figured I would put it out there in case you weren't set on that month. It is a beautiful place to get married. Is your FI in the navy? Mine was stationed in Virginia as well but is now at the groton base
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options

Yeah, he's navy. I wish we could be stationed at groton it would make planning a lot easier! Thanks for the suggestion!

• Options
    I second the suggestion for the carousel at Lighthouse Point Park in New Haven, but they only do events April-October.  If your date is flexible, i'd recommend.  It's definitely different.  How many people are you expecting?
  • Options
    edited January 2012
    Congrats! My engagement will be 22 months total, but we booked our venue ~2 months in - so I don't think it's too early to start planning!

We're getting married at the New Haven Lawn Club, it's an all indoor facility which would be nice for a March wedding for you guys. We LOVE the place, Daniella and Christine are great to work with, and it's right in the heart of New haven (outside of Yale's campus).

Also, we're doing all our planning long distance too - so far it's been pretty easy. Good luck!
    Photobucket
  • Options

Katred08, we're expecting about 175, the date was flexible but we decided on March in the hopes it would be cheaper since it's still considered a winter wedding.

Jarridds68, That was actually one of the places I wanted to look at so any feedback on it is great!

Thank you both!

• Options
    I think the Lawn Club would be great too, it's gorgeous, and the building has a lot of history.  It was at the very top of my list but we ultimately went with the Carousel.  Just so you know, they say in all their material that pricing is the same no matter the day of the week, no matter the month.  So you might not be able to get a discount for a March wedding.  That was my initial plan too, as we had been wanting a January/February 2013 wedding at first.  I didn't get far enough into the negotiations to know if that's actually true or if it's just what they say.  It definitely can't hurt to ask!  You should also know they have a $20,000 minimum for Saturday nights, but with 175 people, you should hit that w/ no problem.  

But even if you can't get a discount on the venue for March, I still think you can probably negotiate w/ other vendors (photographer, DJ) since it's off season.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards