March 2012 Weddings
Options

First Song?

What have you chosen (or used) as your first song?  We have until Sunday to decide and are having a time of it.

Right now the lead is Adele singing "Make you feel my love" but At Last by Etta James is also in there.

I hate picking out music.  :/

Re: First Song?

• Options
    Ours is Elton John's version of "Can You Feel the Love Tonight."
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    I voted for something else only because everyone uses Etta James at last and Adele is becoming widely popular.  Unless those two songs are really meaningful I think picking something different and unique will stand out more.  Our first dance song is going to be Norah Jones "come away with me." 
  • Options
    i like the Adele song... we are doing Rascal Flatts, Bless the Broken Road. :))
    AnniversaryBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    I like the Etta James song. We're using You and I by Michael Buble
  • Options
    We're using "Smile" by Uncle Kracker...
    March 2012 January Siggy Challenge:Favorite Engagement Pic Photobucket
    341image Invited to our dream wedding!!
    259image Are ready to party
    82image Are missing out
    0image Haven't decided yet

RSVP Date 3/10 Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    Do either of these songs mean something to you and your FI?  Personally, I don't think you should pick a first dance song just because it's a pretty song and other people like it for a first dance song.  Instead, pick something special for the two of you.  What about the first song you ever danced to or the song that was playing on your first date?

DH and I had picked "In the Long Run" for our first dance song (which we didn't end up having) because, just after we got engaged, DH signed up for a  walking for fitness class through his college and it required a 3 mile walk, twice a week, at 7AM.  So we'd go and play this on his cell phone and walk to it.  It kept us moving and I'd sing it all the time.  It just became "our song".

Janine & Cody | Georgetown, Grand Cayman | Feb. 28th, 2012

Surprise BFP | Baby Due Late July/Early August 2013

Pregnancy Ticker

I believe in a lot of things. I believe in fresh tennis balls, the healing power of bunnies, and that the novels of Susan Sontag are something I'll never read. In fact, I don't even know who Susan Sontag is. What is she... like... a painter? I believe in Crystal Lite because I believe in ME. I believe in the movies of Val Kilmer, though these days it ain't so easy. I believe in Darren Sproles, the word "dabble", the first season of "Silk Stockings", and big, warm, moist, gooey chocolate chip cookies that melt in your mouth and all over your face.

• Options
    Well, 'our song' is "I Wanna Hold Your Hand" by the Beatles - on one of our first dates we went out to eat after a movie, and I went to the bathroom.  When I came back, he was playing that on the jukebox for me. 

But that's our recessional song, and honestly it's not a very easy song to dance to.  And we are both terrible dancers.  Plus he tends to like a lot of older songs and I like more modern ones (surprisingly, since I'm 8 years older than him!).  So we're trying to find something we both like and can slow-dance to.

Another one I thought of was a Michael Buble one that was playing the other day but I can't remember which one.  I know it's on my iPod.  He might like that, he does like Buble.
  • Options
    Our first dance song didn't have special meaning to either of us - we don't have a song. So we picked "Can't Help Falling In Love" by Elvis Presley. We both liked the song itself and it fit us. So I guess now that's our song!!
    BFP #1: 5/20/12 ~ EDD: 2/20/13 ~ Betas at 221: 5/24/12 ~ Betas at 917: 5/29/12 ~ M/C: 5/29/12 BFP #2: 10/17/12 (13dpo) ~ EDD: 6/29/13 Beta #1 @ 2164: 10/22/12 ~ 1st u/s: 10/26/12 = empty ute Beta #2 @ 7610: 10/26/12 ~ 2nd u/s: 10/30/12 = measuring at 5w6d 3rd u/s: 11/5/12 = HB of 150 ~ 4th u/s: 11/27/12 = perfect wiggly LO! Lilypie Maternity tickers "Everything will be okay in the end. If it's not ok, it's not the end." Image and video hosting by TinyPic Sunshine_zps3fcf529f Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers Daisypath Anniversary tickers My Randomness Blog ~ The TTCAL Blog ~ My Wedding Blog
  • Options
    We ued, When I Say I Do by Clint Black and Lisa Heartman-Black
    imageAnniversary
  • Options
    We almost picked "Make you feel my love" by Adele but ended up choosing something else. I agree with PP. Pick something between the two of you... I think that is one decision that shouldn't be based on others' opinions (although I know the temptation to get someone else's opinion!!
    Anniversary
  • Options
    We decided on "Your Song" by Elton John! Good luck!
  • Options
    We did van morrison someone like you...we didn't want to pick a song that didn't have meaning and that has a ton of meaning for the two of us.
  • Options
    We did 'I don't want to miss a thing' by Aerosmith, and then did 'I swear' by John Micheal Montgomery as our final dance.
    We didnt really ever have a song as a couple, so it was hard for us to pick but that was our choice. Just pick something that means something to you all.
    Lilypie Premature Baby tickers
  • Options
    Our first dance song is "I see the light" from Disney's tangled. Its how I feel about my life when I started dating him. Its also one of the first movies we saw together.

Pick a song that reflects or means something to the two of you and it will be even more memorable.
  • Options
    true companion by marc cohen

we were also going back and forth with everything by michael buble
  • Options
    Ours is "You Save Me" by Kenny Chesney. I agree with everyone else. I think "At Last" is over used.....and especially since Kim Kardashian used it, I think its used because its popular not because it means something.
  • Options

Ours is "Everytime I Close My Eyes" by Baby Face featuring Mariah Carey

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards