Michigan-Northern

Mackinac Island

Our wedding will be on Mackinac Island on 10/1/2011. We have choosen Mission Church for our ceremony but are lost on our reception. We aren't sure how many people will be able to make the trip north so it is hard to choose a venu. Any suggestions on beautiful places that can accomodate 30-75 people would be great. We are also considering having a sit down meal and then scheduling an activity for everyone, such as a tour of the island or ferry ride. Any thoughts on this idea?

Re: Mackinac Island

• edited December 2011
    We're planning a destination wedding on Mackinac Island. Unless they arrive on a private boat or plane, your guests will probably take a ferry to get on the island.
  • edited December 2011
    I have to first say congrats and I am so jealous!! We looked into Mackinac, but realized it wasnt realistic for our 160 guests to have to take a ferry! It is one of the most beautiful placed (I think in the world!)

I did a lot of research, but the only place I really found was the grand hotel. The cottage restaurant is great and the gate gazebo. you should chat with them and see what they have to offer. i am not sure about other places on the island--there are some neat bars/restaurants, but i dont think anything offers views or the service of the grand hotel.

Good luck!!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards