New Jersey - South

Re: Ultimate Wedding Contest

• birdsambirdsam member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Justin and I “officially” got engaged last August while down in Las Vegas. I had known for some time, that Justin was the one I wanted to spend my life with.  We decided to go out on the town one of the evenings; went to dinner with some co-workers and then headed back to the hotel room to get ready to hit the town. We were in the hotel, dancing to our song, posing for a “timed” photo and I decided to propose! He said yes and then we started our engagement adventure! We started by looking for engagement/wedding rings, only it was late enough that we every jewelry store was closed! We ended up at a convenience store and bought “stand-in”  “only-in-las vegas” mood rings. We then headed to chapel of the bells to elope (which just happens to be the same chapel his parents got married in 30 years ago). We then hit a snag, the chapel was closed until 9am! We decided to go out on the town and wait until the next morning. After the night out, and lots of congratulations from strangers, and now new friends, we headed back to the chapel to tie the knot. Only, once we got there, reality set in and we both realized how selfish eloping would be. I am an only child, and my mother has been talking about watching me get married since I was a little girl. She is the most amazing woman, and we decided we couldn’t take the opportunity away from her to see me get married.  We then decided to wait, and have an official and small wedding, with our friends and family, later the following year. Justin felt bad away the untraditional wedding proposal and told me he wanted to propose to me the correct way, so we waited to announce our engagement.  A few weeks later, while sitting at home talking to his mom, he suddenly grabbed the phone out of my hand! He then and there asked his mother for permission to marry me! After she said yes, and gave him her blessing, he hung up and requested I call my dad. Bewildered, I called my dad and allowed Justin to talk to him – where he asked my dad for permission to marry his daughter.  After my dad agreed, Justin sat me down next to the fire place and started building us as fire. He then asked me to wait while he went upstairs and started rummaging through one of our junk drawers… a few minutes later he returned with a tiny little box (too tiny for a ring). Confused, looking at him in anticipation, I waited to see what he was up to. He knelt on one knee and opened up the box to revel a small pin (the one used to congratulate him from graduating from college). He looked up at me and said, “I don’t want another day to go by without the whole world knowing you are meant for me. In the olden days, a guy would pin his intended as an outward sign to the world of his love and devotion. I want to know if you will let me pin you?”  Of course I said yes and, smiling from ear to ear, waited for him to put the pin on.  He struggled with the pin for a minute and asked me if I could help him put the pin on. I looked down and secured the pin, and when I looked back up, he was holding an engagement ring! I immediately said yes and gave him a huge hug and a kiss! I can’t imagine a more perfect proposal  for the two of us, and I can’t imagine a life without him.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards