Arizona-Phoenix

Cost of makeup and hair

So I'm pretty sure I want to do airbrush makeup, but getting a little concerned with how much makeup and hair will cost for me and my bridesmaids (4 of them). 

Can anyone share how much they are paying for both?  And if you know of anyone who is a bargain that will travel?
BIO: Updated 7/28 with bridesmaid dresses

Amy & Ian

image 133 Invited so far!
image 48 Are ready to party!
image 27 Will be missing out! (12 kids)
image 59 Are MIA!
Wedding Countdown Ticker

Re: Cost of makeup and hair

• belgirlbelgirl member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Not paying for bridesmaids as that can get pretty costly. You could easily rack up a $700-$800 bill just for hair and makeup for everyone which, for me, is just crazy.   My makeup artist is coming to me - $50 for the trial, $100 for the day of and I believe its $50 for each bridesmaid.  $18 for fake eyelashes.  From what I could research that's pretty reasonable. 

• edited December 2011
    Costs do seem a bit crazy to me...  and cost aside, it also seems a bit difficult to find someone that does BOTH hair and makeup on location.

Photobucket
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers

TTC since 2-09 Diagnosed with PCOS 12-11

• edited December 2011
    I have not booked this yet because of cost!  When I first started checking into it, I didn't think that it would cost as much as it is pricing out to be!

For airbrush make up most of the places ranged from $100 to $185.

I looked at make up by jen b.  Her prices are on line, but they are $150 for the bride and $75 for bridal party.  The trial is $75.  This is similar to what I have found.  

The high end was at Dolce and Rolfs.  Both of their prices are on line and they both do airbrush makeup.

The low end was Allison Pynn.  I really liked this girl, but she was booked on  my date.  http://www.makeupaz.com/bridal.html

She is reasonable if you are having a bridal party because it looks like she gives a discount. 

This is another place that I am looking into.  They do hair and make up here too.  http://www.beautif-eyestudios.com/
    But again, it will be a about $250 just for me.

As for bridal hair, I am finding that most are running $75-$100. 

Let me know if you have any different suggestions!
    11/6/2010
    Planning Bio
  • edited December 2011
    I looked at both of those and just wasn't too sure on it...  I guess I may just have to accept that it's going to be expensive no matter what.  LOL

I was looking at this lady...  and I have heard good things about her, she seems to be priced a little bit lower.  http://www.monicacossio.com/

Photobucket

• edited December 2011
    Airbrushing is not difficult! You can buy the kit from Sephora- it's one that several of the professionals carry for $250-and you get to keep it, and you could def do all of the bridal parties makeup as long as you have the right pods. Go to Sephora and ask for a  trial- you'll love it! My bridesmaid has the kit and we bought pods in my color- she airbrushed me for the epics that were on a muggy, hot day- and my face was perfect! Look into diying this- it's really not difficult and you can have the machine.
    Realistic Idealist Extrordinaire Wedding Countdown Ticker
    Updated 9/28/10
    Planning Bio
  • edited December 2011
    Updated 9/28/10
    Planning Bio
  • edited December 2011
    I was looking at that option as well! 

I plan on going there for a demonstration/trial on the day of my engagement session...  after I get my hair cut and styled.  LOL

The pods are kind of spendy, but I guess they last for a long time?  Would probably last two years for me, I hardly ever wear makeup. 
    Photobucket

• edited December 2011
    I actually got my makeup done for our e-pics at Sephora and that is the system they used.  It looked fantastic in the pics, but not so great in person (I think it was the makeup artist, rather than the product).  The system was cool, but the pods seemed to get gooped up with makeup a little bit.  It might have been because so many people use them or they are not cleaned often enough.  Not really sure, but it definitely looked fantastic in the pics!
  • edited December 2011
    It's awesome! And yeah, it all depends on the artist- some like to cake it on or don't use the right color. The pods run $55 for two- and that will last about a year if you use it a couple of times a week. The machine can get gunky- but only if you're not cleaning it propperly. It is SO worth it...if I get the new job I'm hoping for, I'm buying it in a heartbeat, but until then- my BM's will have to do :)
    Updated 9/28/10
    Planning Bio
  • edited December 2011
    http://cgi.ebay.com/TEMPTU-AIRbrush-Makeup-System-/140439334346?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0

Gotta love ebay- here it is for $190 (buy it now) and free shipping :)
  • jware1985jware1985 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_arizona-phoenix_cost-of-makeup-hair?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local Wedding BoardsForum:71Discussion:a6ac41cd-b893-49a8-8385-499e195a7cf7Post:05c7504b-01f6-48c7-9e70-25e61dc5c26b">Re: Cost of makeup and hair</a>:
    [QUOTE]I looked at both of those and just wasn't too sure on it...  I guess I may just have to accept that it's going to be expensive no matter what.  LOL I was looking at this lady...  and I have heard good things about her, she seems to be priced a little bit lower.  <strong><a href="http://www.monicacossio.com/" rel="nofollow">http://www.monicacossio.com/</a></strong>
    Posted by Syndelin[/QUOTE]

This is who is doing my hair and make-up... she is AMAZING! =)
    Photobucket
  • nautlikeu27nautlikeu27 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011

I booked Heather Peterson with Pure Radiance and for hair and makeup she is charging me 200 and my girls 155. Not for airbrush though. She can prob do it tho. I didn't think it was a bad price considering the others.

image 178 Invited so far!
    image 55 Are ready to party!
    image 6 Will be missing out!
    image 117 Are MIA!
  • Marissa0717Marissa0717 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I am using Stephanie Nault and she is charging us $75 per person (even me) for make-up. She said her price depends on how many people get make-up done. If there are more women she lowers the price.
    As far as hair I am so lucky! One of FI's good friends owns a salon and she is doing my hair as a gift. Phew! One less thing to figure out!
    BabyFruit Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards