Christian Weddings
Options

Update on my aunt...

With a heavy heart I post that my aunt has passed away. She left us about two hours ago. It was a very peaceful passing. Heaven got it's newest member tonight.
While in one sense I want to be angry with God and hurt with God, I know that that is just for selfish reasons. 

I get to honor her everyday for the rest of my life by wearing a diamond wedding band that she gave me several months ago. 

If you have any passages or even verses that can help us in any way, please post them.

First Look
Image and video hosting by TinyPic
Daisypath Anniversary tickers

Re: Update on my aunt...

• Options
    BekahL90BekahL90 member
    First Comment
    edited April 2012
    Praying for God's peace and comfort for you and your family. 

Maybe you've mentioned this before, but was your aunt a believer? Because if she was, then the words in 1 Thessalonians 4:13-18 might be helpful to you. 

"But we do not want you to be uninformed, brethren, about those who are asleep, so that you will not grieve as do the rest who have no hope. For if we believe that Jesus died and rose again, even so God will bring with Him those who have fallen asleep in Jesus. For this we say to you by the word of the Lord, that we who are alive and remain until the coming of the Lord, will not precede those who have fallen asleep. For the Lord Himself will descend from heaven with a shout, with the voice of the archangel and with the trumpet of God, and the dead in Christ will rise first. Then we who are alive and remain will be caught up together with them in the clouds to meet the Lord in the air, and so we shall always be with the Lord. Therefore comfort one another with these words."
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    Yes, she was a believer. So, she's home now. :)

First Look
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers
  • Options
    Love and prayers.

imageUntitledmy read shelf:
    Faith (FaithCaitlin)'s book recommendations, liked quotes, book clubs, book trivia, book lists (read shelf)
  • Options
    I'm so sorry to hear this. I will pray for peace for your family. 

When H's uncle passed away, we sent a card to his aunt with this verse:

Revelation 21:3-7
    And I heard a loud voice from the throne saying, “Look! God’s dwelling place is now among the people, and he will dwell with them. They will be his people, and God himself will be with them and be their God.‘He will wipe every tear from their eyes. There will be no more death’[b] or mourning or crying or pain, for the old order of things has passed away.”He who was seated on the throne said, “I am making everything new!” Then he said, “Write this down, for these words are trustworthy and true.”He said to me: “It is done. I am the Alpha and the Omega,the Beginning and the End. To the thirsty I will give water without cost from the spring of the water of life. Those who are victorious will inherit all this, and I will be their God and they will be my children. 
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards