Pennsylvania-Philadelphia

Wedding Venue - Need Help!!!

Hi Ladies,
Does anyone have any suggestons for a reception place around the area for an inexpensive price ($60 or less a person), were on a real short budget but are willing to look anywhere - philadelphia, poconos, montgomery/bucks/delaware counties.
Any help would be great :)

Re: Wedding Venue - Need Help!!!

• edited December 2011
    We're using MEI catering in Trevose.  The cheapest package they have is $45 a person and it includes:
    • 4 hour affair with open bar
    • Your choice of four hot entrees, one hot vegetable, and one salad
    • Tiered wedding cake
    • Fruit
    • Rolls, breads, coffee,tea
    • Linen covers, simple china
    • Staff and taxes
    • Here's the link:
      http://meicatering.com/
  • edited December 2011
    I gave suggestions in your other post.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
    Planning Bio
    Philly Siggy Challenge: The Ring!
  • nylybbanylybba member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    How many guests are you expecting?
  • AMF2012AMF2012 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    We just booked the Radnor Valley Country Club in Villanova. They offer menus to choose from instead of "packages". You can keep in a budget by picking what you want. And the place is BEAUTIFUL!!!!
    Good Luck!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • WLevine75WLevine75 member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I am getting married at Radnor Valley Country Club too!!!!
    image 211 Invited image 153 Ready to Party image 58 Are Missing Out Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • okeefehokeefeh member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    We are trying to keep it smaller - 100 people or less. That's causing an issue too because many of them have minimum amounts.
    Thanks for all your advice I'm going to check into those suggestions now!!
    edited December 2011
    If you need help in planning, I work at the Hilton Garden Inn hotel in center city and I might be able to help keep costs down. 100 people or less is perfect for our ballroom.
    image 211 Invited image 153 Ready to Party image 58 Are Missing Out Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • nancyrnancyr member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Depending how small you are looking for you could try the Newtown Grill.  They have a great wine cellar that is good for about 60 people sit down, more for cocktails/dessert.  Lia's was our favorite, but I've heard people rave about P&P, their prices are incredible.  Let us know what you find!
  • nancyrnancyr member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Try Generations in Media, they have an afternoon pkg that sounds like it will fit yr budget.  Just beware...taxes and gratuities.  Good luck!
  • okeefehokeefeh member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Thanks so much ladies! I'm actually waiting to hear from P&P because I have saw people rave about them! I never thought about Generations and I used to live 5 minutes from them....thanks again any other suggestions are always welcome :)
  • okeefehokeefeh member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I'm a little nervous about Center City, only becuase of lodging and parking, I don't want it to be too expense for guests. Is parking included?
    edited December 2011
    Parking is not included. They discount parking here from $33.00 per car to $10.00 for people who are having events. The hotel does not own the garage, but it is connected.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards