New Jersey
Options

Has anyone been to Joe's Crab Shack?

I see commercials for it all the time, but I've never been to one.  How is it?
Wedding Countdown Ticker

Re: Has anyone been to Joe's Crab Shack?

• Options
    edited December 2011
    I have....it's nothing special...food is not memorable, they have the waiters dance and sing in the middle of dinner. Not bad but  not amazing.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I have been and it is ok. To me they do not have the biggest variety on the menu but then again i guess that is why the are called Joe's crab shack lol. Also the seasoning I had on my crabs was a little salty to me but the drink I had was good. If you like crabs just go and check it out.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    cindyn9178cindyn9178 member
    5 Love Its First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I never ate there but always wanted to try it. The one time we tried to go, it was a 2 hour wait so we left :(
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I personally love their snow crab legs because they are salty, and I love salty crab legs. haha We went in the middle of the day on a weekend and the place was packed - lots of parties and large groups. It is a fun kind of place - they do the whole singing and dancing this as PP mentioned.
    BabyFetus Ticker
  • Options
    jcg98jcg98 member
    5 Love Its First Anniversary Name Dropper First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Definitely go on a weeknight if you want to try it.  Food was decent, prices kind of high but I enjoyed my seafood steamed in Sam Adams.  
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic 

• Options
    edited December 2011

I've been to the one on Rt. 1 in Lawrenceville, and thought that the food was not fresh or inspired...plastic, almost- it's definitely a chain, and you can tell.

Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    hcer0708hcer0708 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011

I have been. The food is ok nothing crazy.. plus the wait was 2 1/2hrs!

• Options
    edited December 2011
    Lawrenceville one was great. I loved it.
  • Options
    NJgurl19NJgurl19 member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_new-jersey_anyone-joes-crab-shack?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:90Discussion:e9a7ee18-8539-40e6-a8db-5d38aa3a2851Post:c873c089-2435-4699-a486-fcda76527666">Has anyone been to Joe's Crab Shack?</a>:
    [QUOTE]I see commercials for it all the time, but I've never been to one.  How is it?
    Posted by peaches178[/QUOTE]

Maybe there trying to pull a Sonic! I felt like I saw the commercial all the time, and never saw Sonic. Then Sonic came and it was attack mode!!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    smw42smw42 member
    Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I've been to the one in South Plainfield and was not impressed at all. The quality was poor and the service was awful.
    Anniversary Photobucket
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I hit them up when I go to houston or carolina.  I like the food and the place.  Not sure why the one here is getting such bad reviews
    1st Groom

View our FOR SALE items
    http://tinyurl.com/3jjv7vy
  • Options
    sgdc2011sgdc2011 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    If you go on a weekend you need to go at like 4:30 to avoid the wait.  If you like crabs you should try it.  I always get teh shrimp and I like it.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    my fiance likes seafood, i dont eat ANY seafood... im sure he'd wanna check this place out, do they have any nonseafood items on their menu ??
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    The food is decent, prices a little high for what it is... I just went this past Saturday.  The Sam Adams steampot was pretty good.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards