New York-New York City

XP: Where Should I Shop For My Wedding Dress?

My dress budget is $1,500, and I tend to like the lacy, more vintage look (I like several Allure Bridals dresses), though I am certainly open to other looks. Do any of you ladies have suggestions for where I should start my search? I know that I want to check out RK Bridal, but after that, I'm at a loss.

Re: XP: Where Should I Shop For My Wedding Dress?

• edited December 2011
    I bought my dress on ebay from a woman in NYC that called off the wedding. It was Vera Wang! $1200.00 it was exactly what I was looking for. She let me come into the city and try it on and said that she would refund me the money if i didnt like it. I got it about a year before and had it sized a few times. Definitely worth looking around and getting the dress buying over with!
    Just Married Photo
  • edited December 2011
    I found my dress at Birnbaum and Bullock and the designers have been invovled the whole time even though I bought my dress at a sample sale. I also went to RK and Lovely Bride. I think you'll be able to find something within that pricepoint at all of these places. RK is a massive space so if you get overwhelmed by racks it might not be the best. Lovely is the complete opposite - a small shop but they really take care of you there.
  • Jean6912Jean6912 member
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    You can try lotus bridal on Avenue U in Brooklyn, they have a big selection of gorgeous dresses with great prices! FYI avoid avoid avoid kelly's creations in Brooklyn, that lady shouldn't be in business anymore.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • edited December 2011
    Ooh Lotus is pretty close to where I live, I will definitely check them out! And thanks for the tip on avoiding Kelly's.
  • edited December 2011
    davids bridal.
    abc
  • edited December 2011
    Check out Jenny Yoo. They have great vintage dresses. Also, if you have a larger budget PRONOVIAS is a beautiful wedding gown bridal shop (one of the best out there). 
  • 2BMrsAnthony2BMrsAnthony member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I would be so afraid to purchase from EBay.  I'm glad it worked out for you.
  • 2BMrsAnthony2BMrsAnthony member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I think I'll check out David's Bridal also.
  • edited December 2011
    My best friend got her dress at Jenny Yoo and it was absolutely beautiful! She had a little bit of lace on it to add that elegant look.  I think the whole vintage look is starting to become very popular!
  • angybanezangybanez member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Not many know this, but I was a two dress bride. LOL. I sold one at pre-owned wedding dot com, where not all the dresses are used! Check it out. Some girls even came to my apt and tried my dress on and they were happy to confirm it was new and never worn...plus it helped my wedding dress I was using was also hanging in the apt at the time. LOL. RK Bridal has a lot of selection. Check out their Alfred Angelo collection, Casablanca (has many lacy dress within your budget and that's what my other dress was!), and mon cheri. Look at pictures online, print them out with the style number or name of the dress to help you find the dresses more quickly in the store. I also called RK Bridal ahead of time to make sure they had the sample in the store to try on. Same thing I did with my bridesmaids and their dresses. I found dresses I loved and called ahead of time to make sure they had the sample.
  • edited December 2011
    Thanks for the tips, Angy. I will definitely check out Casablanca and Mon Cheri. Unfortunately RK Bridal doesn't carry the sample for the dress I'm most eager to try on so I'll have to keep calling around for that one. But RK still seems like a great option with lots of selection.
  • angybanezangybanez member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Glad to help! :-) Best of luck!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards