New York-New York City

i hit a roadblock: need recos for makeup!

I've had 2 trials already and have hated them both. one i looked like absolute crap (even my FI said it was terrible) and the other made me look like a racoon. not to mention, it looked like i was wearing a pound of foundation on my face! 

It kills me that makeup/hair trials cost so much in nyc, so the next one i do a trial with i want to book! i'm almost at the point where i feel like i can do a better job so what's the point of hiring someone, but i don't want that kind of stress on the day of my wedding. 

Someone mentioned Once Upon a Bride, but they are really expensive so i would have to get their lowest level of artists (no airbrushing). Has anyone had a good trial with them? Any other recos? Anyone besides Sally Duvall (she's booked for my date). My wedding is in July so I'm running out of time!! 

Re: i hit a roadblock: need recos for makeup!

• I'm using Leora
    http://makeupbyleora.com/

She's $200 day of (not sure on trial--I'm from elsewhere and have no time for trial) and is meeting me at DopDop Salon, where I'm having my hair done, but will go anywhere.

• alisonzalisonz member
    First Comment
    Check out Jackie Schneider Beauty

alison + irene | 10-10-10 | Studio 450

My Big Fat Gay Wedding

Pro Photos
  • Not sure what your budget is but I had Marjori Bresciani do my makeup.  Her website is www.margiemakeup.com. She did an amazing job on my hair and makeup.

Good luck!
  • Glam Gal
    646-494-9798
    glamgalnyc@yahoo.com
    http://www.glamgalnyc.com

Very reasonable- less than $100!
    Anniversary BabyFruit Ticker
  • Joanne from GoGlamBeauty did my make-up for my wedding day and she is absolutely PHENOMENAL. I cannot rave enough about how perfect my make-up was the day of my wedding. She spent over 2hrs working on me the day of and it lasted from 11am until I took it off to go to sleep at 2am. She got the make-up right from the first time at the trial. I didn't even need to see any more looks. Trial for hair and make-up was $150 I believe and day of was $175. Totally, 100% worth it. Please check her out. GoGlamBeauty.com
  • I used Dana Bartone when I had my boudoir photos.  She is from CT but she travels, her work is just amazing.
    abc
  • Ginesse1008Ginesse1008 member
    First Comment
    edited May 2012
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_new-york-new-york-city_i-hit-a-roadblock-need-recos-for-makeup?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local Wedding BoardsForum:114Discussion:c097e7ab-52d0-47ae-9f9f-6786833f6631Post:808b66be-a2b0-443f-9349-eb1597ec030f">i hit a roadblock: need recos for makeup!</a>:
    [QUOTE]I've had 2 trials already and have hated them both. one i looked like absolute crap (even my FI said it was terrible) and the other made me look like a racoon. not to mention, it looked like i was wearing a pound of foundation on my face!   It kills me that makeup/hair trials cost so much in nyc, so the next one i do a trial with i want to book! i'm almost at the point where i feel like i can do a better job so what's the point of hiring someone, but i don't want that kind of stress on the day of my wedding.  Someone mentioned Once Upon a Bride, but they are really expensive so i would have to get their lowest level of artists (no airbrushing). Has anyone had a good trial with them? Any other recos? Anyone besides Sally Duvall (she's booked for my date). My wedding is in July so I'm running out of time!! 
    Posted by christachick[/QUOTE]
  • I got Stephanie Hernandez we met during NYC Fashion week she is a Fashion based MUA but she is trying to get the weddings Best part she is CHEAP ! I would check her out 

• Tricia Catenaro (www.tenhairandmakeup.com) is fabulous.  she's done my makeup three times now - once for my wedding, once for my friend's wedding (who booked her after falling inlove with her at mywedding!) and once for my daugther's christening.  She is super talented and super sweet and responsible.  I love her!
    imageBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker Pregnancy Ticker imageimage
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards