Jewish Weddings

Hebrew Songs for the Aisle?

I know dodi li seems to popular and erev shel shoshanim. What other good songs did you chose?
Also how many seperate songs did you have? Did you seperate it into groom and family bridal party granparents and bride?
did you have a flower girl and how old was hse?

Re: Hebrew Songs for the Aisle?

• edited December 2011
    Everyone but my parents and I are walking in to Pachabels Canon and I am walking in to Erev Shel Shoshanim.

You could also do some Idan Raichel music (if you are having a DJ). His music is beautiful.
    Anniversary image
  • Musicheals71Musicheals71 member
    First Anniversary First Comment Combo Breaker
    edited December 2011
    Everyone except my parents and I walked down the aisle to Erev Shel Shoshanim.  My parents and I walked down the aisle to Dodi Li.

I had two flowergirls, two of my nieces.  They were 8 and 5.
  • LBRM_NJLBRM_NJ member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    My whole bridal party walked in to Erev Shel Shoshanim.  My parents and I walked in to Yerushalayim Shel Za'hav.

I had 2 flowergirls, 3 and 5.
    Lisa
    The Knot lost my info, but, I've been married since 6/19/05!
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker My Blog - "Helping Make Sense"
  • edited December 2011
    We're having the bridal party walking down to Erev Shel Shoshanim.
    I'm going to walk down to L'Chi Lach by Debbie Friedman, it's beautiful!
  • edited December 2011
    We are having my FI and his parents walk in to Dodi Li, and I'll walk into Erev Shel Shoshanim.  Both songs will be played by a friend on her cello.  FI's two little sisters (8 year olds) will be our ring bearers and walk into FI's music, I think.  We decided to have them carry the rings instead of be flower girls, and we're not having any other people in the bridal party. 

What is everyone doing for music when guests are sitting down and after the ceremony?  We haven't figured that out yet.
  • edited December 2011
    I walked down to a rendition to Shalom Aleichem.

The version was made into a "waltz" but it is essentially the same song. We didn't have singers but you could easily adapt the traditional words to this version.

http://www.slavatolstoy.com/trio/mp3/Shalom_Aleichem_Waltz.mp3

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards