Illinois-Chicago
Options

Officiant Recs?

Now that we have our ceremony site booked (Shannon Hall in Batavia) we're in need of a good officiant.  Does anyone have any recommendations?  We have a family friend's friend who would be great, but due to distance the price is a little steeper than I think we want to spend.  Suggetions anyone? 

Re: Officiant Recs?

• Options
    edited December 2011
    Rent a Rev...hands down. He did a friend of mine's wedding this past summer. He was really good, but had some humor in his homily as well. Everyone liked him. If I were not getting married in a church, I would have him.
    http://www.rentarev.com/
  • Options
    Golfer09Golfer09 member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I also second Rent a Rev - we got a lot of compliments from guests.  I should note that he is not cheap, if you are on a budget.
    Our wedding SDE: Our wedding Feature: PW=demo
  • Options
    mscramuzzomscramuzzo member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    My cousin used rent a rev as well and it was great. We are using Gregory Zimmerman and FH and I both really like him!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    We are using Rent a Rev also, we love him! he has made the experience so personal for us, I can't wait to see what he does for our ceremony
    nikiplanning.weebly.com
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    If you are on a budget you probably wont' afford this gentleman, but we LOVED HIM.  The guests raved about our ceremony and how much they loved him. He took pictures and video and delivered all to us at no extra charge. He mounted a camera very high on a tri pod and took some great shots. I was happy to get his video because my videographer didn't deliver, and it wa sso much fun to see ANY video of our wedding.
    His costs for us included a one hour consultation at OUR HOME. He traveled to us. He has great customer service, his ceremony doesn't have to include one ounce of religion if you don't want it.

Just check his website: www.dayofdreams.com
    Tom Whitham. Great guy. Wonderful Wedding! but pricey.

It was worth it to me because the ceremony was the most important part of our wedding. He was a few hundred more than RENT A REV...I didn't click at all with rev Jim from rent a rev. at all.
    Here's one of his photos: My son walking me down the isle, and gave me a hug half way down:
    BEST OF LUCK TO YOU!!!!

• Options
    mrs.rabmrs.rab member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    My FI and I are getting married 7/16 and have met and spoken with our Rev. numerous times alraedy.
    heartsandhandsweddings.com

We are using Rev. Bob Guntorius. And had friends that used him as well and loved him!!

imageimageAnniversary
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards