Getting in Shape

Easy Peesy calorie counter

I started using a regular ol' check book register to keep track of my calories and it's the best thing I've ever used.  It has a place for the date, the item, whether it was (B)reakfast, (L)unch, (D)inner, or a (S)nack, the calories, and I can keep a running total of my day.  I use it just like were keeping track of my checking account.  Every morning I "deposit" my daily 1500 calories and as I  "spend" them I "debit" my register.  I can also add extra "deposits" of bonus calories for extra big workouts.

The reason this is working so well for me is because it's portable.  It's in my purse all the time and even when I eat out I can write down what I ate and look up the calories when I get to a computer.

I also use it to track my fiber since I have super high cholesterol that I'm lowering through diet and exercise.

Re: Easy Peesy calorie counter

• great idea! i am going to try this!
    image122 Made the list!
    image 89 Are ready to party!
    image 11 Will be missing out!
    image 22 Can't find the mailbox!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Hey guys! If you have an iPhone, you can download the "My Fitness Pal" app which basically does the same thing electronically-- it has a huge database of nutrition facts and will help break everything down. It even lets you add extra calories for workouts. It's helped me lost 5 lbs since the beginning of the month!
    imageWedding Countdown Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards