Wedding Customs & Traditions Forum

Wedding Dress

Having a chinese wedding 4 months before the "american" style wedding and was wondering do I have to be married before the chinese wedding?  Also, will it be ok if he sees the dress at the chinese wedding (I have to have three, and one needs to be the wedding dress...)

Re: Wedding Dress

• Are you doing it here or in China? If so, then I would assume you would be legally married over there. If you get married there the USA recognizes the marriage. So the later 'American wedding' would just be a vow renewal.

If by 'Chinese wedding' you just mean a ceremony located in the USA with Chinese traditions, then I would recommend having it closer (much closer) to the American style wedding.

You can only get married once, so one will be a wedding and the other just a vow renewal/ doing things for the sake of tradition and thus will feel fake. If they are within the same week (or two) then both traditions won't feel fake and staged. It would be more of a several day/week of wedding event, not one real and one fake.

Planning Bio
    Married 9/15/11

*This is Not Legal Advice*
  • There is a Chinese wedding section under cultural weddings b8ut I'm not too sure how active it is.

Drop down menu

<---------------------------------

GL
  • Also, about it being okay if he sees the dress...that really depends on whether or not it's important to you for him to not see the dress.  There's not, like, a law that says you can't let the groom see the dress before the wedding.  Personally, my fiance is going dress shopping with me. 
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards