June 2013 Weddings

E-pic question-

Do you have any advice for our engagement photo session?? 
it's scheduled for Oct. 11 at 5... it'll be on my parents farm that has a few big old red barns, a creek with a bridge over it and tons of trees/views/scenery... I have one outfit picked out so far- skinny jeans, boots, a long sleeve shirt with a fun fall colored pattern and a cute big keyhole back, and then a fun kahki jacket wot use in a couple photos...
what other outfit could I use?  do I need a formal outfit? got any ideas for poses?  (i've been looking online and have a handfull picked out for ideas)  what should I do with my hair? its down to my mid back and I usually just straighten it for formal occasions... should I try a curly look??
Thanks!!

Re: E-pic question-

• We did one formal outfit and one casual outfit.

Wear your hair how you feel most comfortable. I have long, straight hair, so for it, I felt more comfortable just flat ironing it and leaving it down.

As far as poses, there are so many picture ideas floating around Pinterest. We had ours done at two local parks, so I googled other engagement shoots that had been done at those parks. We also had the following props with us, as well as our dog:
    *A small bouquet of flowers
    *Little pies that my sister made with our initials on them
    *A blanket
    *A bottle of champagne and two champange glasses (which resulted in me getting tipsy at like 9 a.m.)
    *A sign that I had made that spelled out "Save the Date 06*22*2013".

Having props to use was a lot of fun and led to some cute pictures. Basically, I'd say to do whatever makes you and your fiance feel comfortable, especially if either of you are at all camera shy. Have fun with them, and make sure you share them with us once you've had them done!!
  • Honestly, I think you should ask your photographer for some guidance maybe. The #1 outfit I planned on wearing my photographer said wouldnt come out good in pictures, I was disappointed at the time, but I had several back up options. I also ordered a banner off of etsy with our date on it. I had looked at some poses, but my photographer actually pretty much told us how to pose, when to kiss, when for him to put his arm around me, it actually worked out really good, I have never had pictures like that before and I was pretty much a deer in headlights. I had my makeup and hair both professionally done, my hair was just kinda wavy.

Wedding Countdown Ticker Follow Me on Pinterest
  • My e-pics are Oct. 6th. Ours will be at a marina that also has a park near by. I've opted for 1-2 casual outfits (jeans and sweater) We will also have a formal outfit. I've decided since I wear my hair straight most days that's what I will go with. I really want our e-pics to really fit our daily life. Which is spending weekends at the lake. I do plan on having a couple outfits in case something isn't going to work well.
    I do have an appopintment set for my makeup to be professionally done.

Image and video hosting by TinyPic Wedding Countdown Ticker Follow Me on Pinterest
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards