Wisconsin
Options

Winter Wisconsin Wedding

This will be a XP on the Winter board, Wisconsin board, and December 2010 board.

Am I crazy to want to plan a wedding in December in Wisconsin? I personally think the snow storms are hit and miss. Yes it will suck if it snows, and some people who RSVP'd may not show, but what if it doesn't? The venue we would book would be about 15 minutes from the nearest hotel. TIA!

Re: Winter Wisconsin Wedding

• Options
    edited December 2011
    Naw I say go for it!!!

You run the risk of tornados and stuff in the summer! Theres got to be a lot of snow, like 20 inches or more, to keep me from going out...but thats just me! plus I dont get snow days at my work place so I have to venture out no matter what..lol
    The Wedded Road Wedding Countdown Ticker my read shelf:
    Fran Uselman's book recommendations, favorite quotes, book clubs, book trivia, book lists (read shelf) image
  • Options
    lwogslandlwogsland member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Go for it! It's no bigger risk than big storms in summer :)
  • Options
    SweetCharadeSweetCharade member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Well, if you're crazy for thinking about it...I'm crazy for doing it.  I'm a 12-11-2010 bride.  I mean, if it snows, it snows...at almost any time in Wisconsin you have to worry about some weather event or another...at least by December most people remember how to drive in sow so it's not as big of a deal.

I may post this same response over on the December 2010 board, too :)
  • Options
    foursixquebecfoursixquebec member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I went to an AMAZING winter wedding in Madison in January.  Do it!!  If that's what you want to do, you can make it work.  I can't get over how gorgeous this wedding was... they had a snow girl instead of a flower girl, they had sparkly snow decorations, and huge branches of trees covered in sparkly/glittery/snowy looking stuff as centerpieces.  Everything was sparkly and incredible.

DO IT!!  :)
    "Never attribute to malice that which can be adequately explained by stupidity"

Anniversary Visit The Nest! Visit The Nest!
  • Options
    StacyAVStacyAV member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Thank you! I'm so ready to set the date now :)
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Just think of the beautiful snow pics!
  • Options
    alyssalowealyssalowe member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Another 12/11/10 Wisconsin bride here! Oh well if it snows... There are tons of reasons and things that can threaten a wedding no matter the time of year
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I'm a January 2011 bride, so all you ladies just married, post your pics please :)

Love being a winter bride!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I'm a December 11th 2010 Bride! I can't wait. If it snows, it snows! Everyone here knows how to drive in it! I agree, if you got married in December post some pictures!!!!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I just got married on January 9th and still love the idea of having a winter wedding. I posted a few pics for you ladies. Our colors were black and silver with red accents.
    (sorry for the quality of the pictures, I had to compress them to get them uploaded)

This was the headtable at the reception. The white tress were all around the hall.

Lucked out that the church was decorated for the holidays.

Just had to have the muffs for the women.

One of our outdoor pics.

Another one of our outdoor pics.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Where do you have the pictures taken at? I am trying to talk my fiance into doing a spring wedding instead of in July (to save money), but I am stumped at places to do pictures. What do you do if it's snowing outside?!
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I am praying for snow at my Feb 2012 wedding I hope I have enough time to get in enough prayers for a beutiful storm like we just had theis week, I want the beautiful snow in my pics!  Good luck!
  • Options
    ChadnKatiChadnKati member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I WANTED A winter wedding so we could ride snowmobiled from the wedding to the hall...  but that was a no go...
    LUCKY!!!  Enjoy your winter wedding!  Have fun with it!
    Hot Chocolate bars are such a fun idea too!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards