Minnesota-Minneapolis and St. Paul
Options

Need advice where to have a Mini Moon in MN

I need help finding a mini moon in MN. Not too far from St Paul/Minneapolis. Wedding is held in Hudson, WI and will take off for minimoon after wedding. I want a nice place. I was thinking of a nice suite for newly weds but can't find one. Thought about a cabin for the weekend to hang out spending time alone but having a hard time finding something not located in Duluth. Ladies, please help me.

Re: Need advice where to have a Mini Moon in MN

• Options
    edited December 2011
    FI and I love going down to Lake City for bicycling, hiking, and doing things on Lake Pepin.  There are also so many cute shops and eateries in that town.  We stay in the new suites at the Alaskan Lodge and they have great double-basin baths and jacuzzi tubs.  They also have fireplaces and/or balconies that are really nice, depending on the season.
    BFP #3 July 2012 = EDD 4/1/2013
    BFP #2 May 2012 = loss at 4w3d
    BFP #1 January 2003 = 9 year old son

imageimage
    ? My BFP Chart
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    http://www.hawksview.net/

Love the cottages here. It's not in Minnesota, but it's close. They are great if you're looking for privacy and space. There are some fun little towns nearby to go antiquing, or go to a winery, etc.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Lots of B&Bs in Lanesboro 
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Lutsen! Its farther up than Duluth and is amazing. Its near Grand Marais
  • Options
    nordkenordke member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Stillwater, Redwing....
  • Options
    dream2011dream2011 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Check out Bed and Breakfasts in Stillwater, MN

Otherwise here are some that I suggest:
    http://grandviewlodge.com/
    http://woodlandtrails.net/

And this one is not in MN, its in Wisconsin Dells, but not in the heart of it all. I absolutley love this place, my husband and I have visted over a dozen times and each time is fantastic! I would suggest not booking until special's come out as the rooms can get expensive.

http://www.sundaraspa.com/

Good luck!
  • Options
    maybe984maybe984 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Stillwater or Bayfield (which is over the border into WI up near Duluth).

Oh, and if you do Stillwater... more specifically I'd recommend the Rivertown Inn. It's a tad spendy, but the rooms are gorgeous, and the 4 course breakfasts (included in your room price) are TO DIE FOR.
  • Options
    ogrady88ogrady88 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    We stayed in Stillwater at the Ann Bean Mansion the night of our wedding and the night after.  It was heaven :) And the breakfast in our room was a wonderful bonus.
  • Options
    jennipea382jennipea382 member
    Name Dropper Combo Breaker First Comment First Anniversary
    edited December 2011
    I know you said not too far from the MSP area but I highly suggest going to Ely! I just recently went to Bear Head Lake State Park and camped a night there. LOVED IT! If you enjoy camping, hiking, and just enjoying the quiet scenery, it's perfect! Hopefully the state parks will be open by the time you go if that's what you decide on though!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
    March 2013 March siggy challenge - wedding preview
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    Follow Me on Pinterest
    Planning Bio
  • Options
    schmoodschmood member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    There is a B&B in Spicer (about 1.5 hrs slight north & west).  Not sure the name, but it has something to do with a castle... might be Spicer Castle?

I second Bayfield, WI... about 3.5 hrs away.  Very low key with lots of outdoor stuff to do.  We ended up here for a few days of camping after the wedding... I don't even reallly consider it our mini-moon though.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Bluefin Bay in Tofte, MN is beautiful.  Really reasonable rates, as well!

www.bluefinbay.com
    Visit The Knot! Visit The Knot! Visit The Knot!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards