Not Engaged Yet
Options

AW - bouquet update (Ode to peekaboo)

Peekaboo is my savior... I was having serious second thoughts about my DIY ability wrt my bouquets. Here's what they looked like at the time:

They were too 'perfect.' With one simple suggestion, peek saved my bouquets! She said 'how about adding some smaller beads?' I headed over to the bead store, and spent Sunday night updating the bouquets.... Here is what they look like now!

I love them 100x more! Now I just need to figure out how to get the PVC pipe in there (Note to self, next time do the PVC BEFORE putting in all the beads... hee hee).
Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Daisypath Anniversary tickers

"You are made of win." -SopChick
Still here and still fabulous!

Re: AW - bouquet update (Ode to peekaboo)

• Options
    leia1979leia1979 member
    5 Love Its First Anniversary Name Dropper Combo Breaker
    edited December 2011
    I was wondering the same thing. Is there a styrofoam base?
  • Options
    cu97tigercu97tiger member
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Love Its Name Dropper
    edited December 2011
    Yep, there is a styrofoam base. The first couple hundred (yes, couple HUNDRED) that I strung, I had on about 10 inches of stem (20 inches folded over and twisted), but I couldn't get it to look anything like my inspiration picture. So I purchased a floral styrofoam ball (8" I believe) and just cut each end off. Those suckers are hard to cut!
    (The styrofoam that is, not the wires!).

Now I only need to cut about 3" of wire for each bead. Big beads are 12mm, little beads are 8mm. All in all I think I'll use about 610 large beads and 200 small beads. The boutonnieres will take a few more beads... though I'm not sure how I'll put those together yet.

• Options
    edited December 2011
    Love, love, love them!!! I could be wrong,  but I think iI may have made the suggestion. lol Either way I think the new ones look awesome!
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/special-topic-wedding-boards_not-engaged-yet_aw-bouquet-update-ode-peekaboo?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Special%20Topic%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:136Discussion:94efbb61-3d63-407a-bcee-dd068fff3d85Post:3f805c08-c984-452e-afcf-0eb1960153eb">Re: AW - bouquet update (Ode to peekaboo)</a>:
    [QUOTE]Love, love, love them!!!<strong> I could be wrong,  but I think iI may have made the suggestion.</strong> lol Either way I think the new ones look awesome!
    Posted by CCO2012[/QUOTE]

<div>That's entirely possible... if so, I apologize :) I do know that I went from wanting to chuck them in the garbage to being so excited to get them done. Peek is helping me with the fabric edging... they're going to be awesome!</div>

• Options
    edited December 2011
    That's awesome! I'm so glad you love them they look adorable! :)
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    These look awesome!!!!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    How puuuuuurdy!!!! Love them!
    www.nurseyk.weebly.com
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    They look so great!! 
    image Daisypath Anniversary tickers
  • Options
    edited December 2011

Pretty!

I didn't realize you were doing a brooch bouquet for yours - me too! I went a little crazy this weekend garage sale-ing and vintage & thrift store shopping, but I'm off to a good start. You'll have to AW pics when you start making yours.

Great job on the beaded ones!

PhotobucketWedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Here is a pic of the brooches I had as of about three weeks ago. I've been getting a lot of them through ebay for between $1 and $2 including shipping. My sister has purchased several for me and once the weather gets cooler, I'll get back to the garage sales, too... I'm glad I did the bead bouquet first, because that's giving me a good idea of what I'll need to do for the brooches.

• Options
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/special-topic-wedding-boards_not-engaged-yet_aw-bouquet-update-ode-peekaboo?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Special%20Topic%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:136Discussion:94efbb61-3d63-407a-bcee-dd068fff3d85Post:d44f50bd-d7ce-41f6-b715-87a197ab2f09">Re: AW - bouquet update (Ode to peekaboo)</a>:
    [QUOTE]Here is a pic of the brooches I had as of about three weeks ago. I've been getting a lot of them through ebay for between $1 and $2 including shipping. My sister has purchased several for me and once the weather gets cooler, I'll get back to the garage sales, too... I'm glad I did the bead bouquet first, because that's giving me a good idea of what I'll need to do for the brooches.
    Posted by cu97tiger[/QUOTE]

Your brooches are so pretty! I can't WAIT to see your brooch bouquet!
  • Options
    peekaboo2011peekaboo2011 member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its Name Dropper First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I like these much better!  And I can't wait to get one and do your fabric edging!!!  They're going to be perfect!!!
    I french with my man
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards