June 2012 Weddings

Just 2 weeks away and SO anxious/excited!!!! -Rant- lol

June 2nd is coming so fast!! :) We've been engaged for nearly 16 months. It's so awesome to see all that planning from wayyy back then come together with the latest decisions. I can't wait to see it as one big picture. I did all the planning on my own, and did a lot of DIY projects, so of course I'm nit-picky! I'm trying so hard to prepare myself for the histeria of the big day. It'll all happen so fast I just know it'll be  a blur. I want so badly to enjoy the day with my husband and soak in every memory. Any tips on how to shake the nerves and cherish the moment? I'm scared I'll get flustered with stress and let it get to me. I'm doing lots of relaxing mental prep and trying to allow for plenty of time for mishaps while preparing for the ceremony at 4. Biggest fear, that we won't have enough time to get ready- the lodge we're in is only available to be decorated starting at 2, that's two hours before the ceremony start at 4. Because I planned the decor, I want to be the one overseeing and doing that, but it looks like I'll be doing so in my dress, after our "first look" photos....any tips? This was a great rant, thanks for reading if you made it to the end! :) lol

Re: Just 2 weeks away and SO anxious/excited!!!! -Rant- lol

• just enjoy the day. at the end of the day, you are marrying the love of your life and that's all that matters.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • edited May 2012
    You're going to have to try to let go a little the day of. Trust that the person/people you put in charge will do it to the best of their ability. Can you take pictures of a table all decorated and have it there for the decorators? Have a list of diagrams and drawings if there is lighting, etc. Trust me, you will not want to be doing decorations in your wedding dress! It will all be perfect!!!
    Follow Me on Pinterest
  • I would really really try and let go and delegate to someone that you love and trust. 2 hours before you walk down the aisle is not the time to be worrying about your reception decorations...especially in your wedding dress!!

If you can't let go, really just try not to sweat the small stuff. At the end of the day, your vision will come together and it won't matter that the table 5 centerpiece was missing some flowers or whatever might happen.

I'm super Type A/OCD and even I've come to the conclusion that once the wedding day arrives, there is nothing else I can do and I'm just going to let it all go.
  • Thank you ladies, I will definitely try to do that! I want to be walking on clouds the entire day, not worrying. :)
  • This is somethign that has been hard for me to do also! I want everything to be the way I have planned it (for the past 26 months!) but I am letting someone else take control and I am actually starting to be happy I am doing so. I know that they know how I am and I know they are just as causcious, careful, and detail oriented as I am so we shouldn't have a problem. GO JUNE 2! We are 11 days away!

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards