Washington

1K its all i got

I am trying to plan a same sex wedding for 1K i think i can do it. we are wanting next spring, May or maybe June. Its going to be small and intimate about 20 total if that. I was just wondering if you had some good ideas to cut costs, we are very DIY friendly so any pointers you may have or great deals please let me know. i have already purchased the dress and that is not included in my budget thank god :) I would love it to be a small intmate space im fine with either indoor or out but it is WA state and it deff rains a lot. Thanks in advance im so excited to see what you can help me with, congrats to all of you i wish you the best

Re: 1K its all i got

• When in the spring, early or late? How about a park that has a covered area already built? Make your own decor and flowers even. Martha Stewart has a "how to" on making paper flowers for the bouquet. I wouldn't worry about table decor, honestly. Maybe just serve apps, small bites and cake? Or even try to make it pot luck if most of your guests are in town. Maybe bake your own cake or even cupcakes, to make it easier for decorating. For beverages, maybe concoct a signature punch instead of serving alcohol. That's where a lot of the budget can go and will also open up other venues that don't want alcohol on premise.
  • We just went to Airbnb.  With a small wedding of 20 guests, I'm sure you could do it in a cabin there.  Here's a link to the place we selected.  The rates are amazing, they'll allow you to have a wedding there, with an event fee.  It's worth looking into.  We are soooo excited to have our marriage legal there as well! 
  • I have a very small budget as well, and have started stocking up on things I can buy ahead of time, such as water bottles, candles, jars...anything decorative I can get at Goodwill or yardsales. I will be having a MUCH bigger guest list, but I figure spreading out the work/purchases over time should help the budget. :)   Good luck with your planning/wedding!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards