California-Los Angeles
Options

How much was YOUR ceremony/recep site?

Hello all you LA brides!!! Just wondering what everyone else was paying for their ceremony or reception sites. Im starting my search and im blown away by the huge difference from place to place. Keeping my options open, just wanting some ideas. Thanks!!

Wedding Countdown Ticker

Re: How much was YOUR ceremony/recep site?

• Options
    joysyearjoysyear member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I'm paying 4,500 for both ceremony & reception site for 80 guest
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    $1220 (inlcudes $200 refundable deposit) for ceremony and reception site in Pasdena. 
    Anniversary
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Our ceremony and reception will be at the same place. It's going to be 15k + a security deposit. But keep in mind, it's a private estate in Malibu. Those are always more expensive than a typical hall.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I am at $7,00 for ceremony/ food/drink/ reception space... That included linens and such...

Now on to details like flowers and DJ and such
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    approx 5200 for ceremony/reception/dinner. need to add appetizers, cake and then all the extras.
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers
  • Options
    edited December 2011

around 20K. 

Church is $1000.
    Reception venue includes open bar, hors d'oeuvres, seated dinner, cake, and all the chiavari chairs with pads, linens, etc.for 150 guests @ 130/person - includes tax and those service charges.  BIG SIGH.

Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    In Santa Monica:

Church is $1650 for everything.
    Reception including all food and drink, linens, tables for 50 people will be $8000 (hotel on the beach) and that is lunch!

In hindsight I may not have done this in Santa Monica but that is where we live and go to church..
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    sondra1lynnsondra1lynn member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Wow its crazy to see all the different budgets! Im looking at a ceremony and reception site in pasadena for $2200. Im only looking right now. Hey mikimoto6, $1220 is awesome! Where's your site?
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    My ceremony site was $600. My reception site was included in the reception cost - I paid for food, alcohol, parking, etc.
    my read shelf:
    Meredith's book recommendations, liked quotes, book clubs, book trivia, book lists (read shelf)
    40/112

Photobucket
  • Options
    EMVI79EMVI79 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Around $15k (venue for reception & ceremony and includes cake, linen and dinner)
  • Options
    simplestlifesimplestlife member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Won't know the exact amount until I finish my guest list, but we got a package deal that includes everything (full bar for 5 hours, flowers, invitations, DJ, hotel room for bride and grrom, food, etc) except for the photographer and officiant. we're paying $100 a person for a Saturday night, It's in Camarillo though...
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    deannagreenedeannagreene member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    A tip to keep in mind:  when visiting potential venues that also include their own catering, be sure to ask if they have any other menus besides their wedding packages (e.g.,  themed buffets), as they can cut the price in half! 
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards