Ohio-Cleveland

Outdoor Wedding HELP!

My fiance and I are looking for an outdoor wedding location. We were thinking winery, garden, or just a big open plot of land with a lot of natural beauty surrounding. I'm a HUGE fan of White Dogwood trees (he proposed to be under a Dogwood, so it's special for us), and I can't find any place with those either. We're looking for something inexpensive and simple where we can have the ceremony outside and put a tent up if needed for the reception. Thinking of just doing cocktails and hors d'ovueres for reception, so catering is NOT a must. No more than 100 guests MAX, but that is flexible as well. I will take any help and opinions I can get! It's hard to search online because I know not all locations are advertised on the web. Thanks all!

Re: Outdoor Wedding HELP!

• jaclyn&davejaclyn&dave member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Take a look at conrad botzum farm in the cuyahoga valley national park. It's a nice place and alot of room to throw up a tent. There is a huge field and it's beautiful. we were thinking of getting married there but we fell in love with the lodge at geneva on the lake. I always wanted to get married on the lake.

There are also wineries in Lake and Ashtabula county. I am pretty sure Ferrante does weddings and maybe Debonne vineyards too. Just google wineries and the county and something will come up.

You could also call the metro parks and see what they have too.

Wedding Countdown Ticker 174 Invitedimage 93 Ready to get partyimage 10 are missing outimage 71 taking their timeimage RSVP Date Sept. 24
  • ayamm1123ayamm1123 member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    http://www.quailcrest.com

Also - in medina is Boyerts Greenhouse and offsite Barn.  http://www.boyerts.com/educationalhayrides.html

The link shows you a LITTLE bit of the farm area available for rent - I attended a rehearsal dinner in the smaller <70 person barn and then there is a larger barn as well.   Obviously there is open fields for tents and such as well.  PM if interested in additional photos  of either location
  • meganeobrienmeganeobrien member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    These are great! We'll be visiting Botzum and Quail! Thank you!
  • edited December 2011
    Try Holden Arboretum...since it is an Arboretum, I would think they might have Dogwoods :) good luck and let us know what you end up choosing
  • cpauknercpaukner member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Mentor Harbor Yachting Club is also very nice it's near Quail which you mentioned checking out. It has a private beach so you can do stuff outside or inside and you have the beautiful lake view.
  • edited December 2011
    Check out The Clifton Club in Lakewood, OH!  It's a social club with a large backyard that backs up to the lake. My fiance and I are having our June 2012 tented reception there, and the event coordinator Jennifer is great!  The website doesn't do it justice at all.  Prices are pretty reasonable, especially for a smaller wedding like yours.  The rental fee is pretty reasonable as well!

They have a catering staff there, but the manu is fully customizable and they definately could do a cocktail reception there.  There food is REALLY good too.

Hope it helps!  Good luck!

• ayamm1123ayamm1123 member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Dani -Did you knowsomeone to sponsor you for Clifton club - I always thought it was exclusive!

Quailcrest is actually down in Wooster OH - not near Mentor in case you were thinking that its E of Cleveland!
  • edited December 2011
    My FI and I are getting married at one of the gardens in the Cultural Gardens on MLK. It's only $150 for city of cleveland residents and $175 for anyone else I believe. It's really beautiful. I don't know if they have any Dogwoods though.
  • edited December 2011
    i did know someone who sponsored me but the event coordinator had told us in the beginning that they could work something out.  I think it's more of a "pre-screening" thing to keep the rif-raf out, ya know?
  • amymaria105amymaria105 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Our wedding is at Brookside Farm in Louisville and it is gorgeous! They have restored a barn for the reception space and the grounds are stunning for an outdoor wedding - including a stream, covered bridge, farmhouse, lit fencing that lines the drive, etc. 

The owners have been wonderful too. We looked all over and feel so lucky to have found them. I highly recommend checking them out. 

• edited December 2011
    We are getting married at Quailcrest in October. They have beautiful grounds and they were very laid back in letting us do our own thing. We are using the grounds for the ceremony and having our reception in the barn. We also toured Conrad Botzum. I felt they were expensive and had penalties for not using their caterer. I also did not like that parking was so far away. Some other outdoor sites we thought of but did ot use - my parents were married at Happy Days shelter in the Akron Metroparks so any park would have been great, Stan Hywet, Medina Square ( we really loved this idea but just did not have time to coordinate it) - dani
  • edited December 2011
    Quailcrest Farm in Wooster is really nice.  So is Meadowridge Farm.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards