Wedding Ceremony & Reception Music Discussions
Options

Mother & Step-mother/SON dance

My fiance was raised by his step-mother but over the years has grown very close to his bilogical mother, as well.  He wants to share the mother/son dance with both of them...what happens in this situation?  Does he have to choose one or can he split the dance in half for the two mothers?  If yes, which one gets to dance first?  Trying not to hurt anyone's feelings (which is inevitable)!

Re: Mother & Step-mother/SON dance

• Options
    2ladytoo2ladytoo member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    obviously it seems tricky - but if its about celebrating your marriage - and everyone believes that its NOT about THEM - 

it should be just fine!

I would open the discussion, maybe "what if fiance dances with both of you - how would you feel?"   would you like the first half of the song?  would you like to pick the song or can fiance pick?  

as long as it comes from a place of love - all should be well... imo
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I went to a wedding where the groom danced with his mother and step-mother during the same song; I think about halfway through the DJ just announced "and now he'll be dancing with his mother/step-mother Jane Smith" or something. They also did a sibling dance and he has three sisters and the bride has one brother, and they did the same thing for this.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker Follow Me on Pinterest
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I'm in the same situation.  My fiance has a mother and stepmother that he is very close to.  We are planning to do two songs. My fiance and his mother, and me and my father.  Then do a second with his stepmother and my father and I would just dance twice.  My fiance wants them each to have a whole song, and not split it in half.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Thanks ladies, very helpful!!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards