September 2012 Weddings

Accountability - Wednesday

Well girls, this thread is taking a new and much more motivated turn for me... I have officially made the decision to run the Tough Mudder as of last night. I was talking to a few of my friends/business partners and now I have a team of 9 for sure, and a handful more that are debating getting on board! I am the team captain so I need to make sure I can handle it!!!!

Even better part of it - FI signed up too and he's in NO shape to do something like that so he's getting motivated to get in shape! Tonight he's coming with me to the gym to get a membership and will start coming to the gym with me a few days/week! I already got him eating healthy so this makes me UBER happy lol

How was your day yesterday? Anyone else have some long term goals/challenges?

Here's today's inspiration picture:

Re: Accountability - Wednesday

• i started debating about running another race yesterday. (not running it yesterday, but thinking about it). i have a bunch of friends doing the chicago marathon, but at this point it's closed and i'd have to raise $1000+ to run for a charity team so that's just not going to happen.

plus, i'm not even sure if i'll have time to train for it, it'd be 5 weeks after our wedding.

but then i started looking around and found there was a local half marathon in may and i started really considering it. right now would be the perfect time to start training. plus it's nearby and small and not so crazy as the ones i've run before downtown. there's also a full at the same time, but i don't think i could train for that by then. i have a life goal of running a marathon, but i'm just not sure when it will happen. (i've ran a couple halfs before).

other than that, last night was a weird night because we had to drop dan's car off at the shop to get worked on. we skipped the gym and instead did some errands and ate out (we NEVER do this during the week), and didn't go to the gym. we're going to have to go pick up his car tonight but hopefully we'll atleast eat at home or maybe make it to the gym since we did those other errands yesterday.
    Happily married since 9/1/2012!
    The Whimsical Wifey
  • edited February 2012
    That's exciting BM!!  Do you have any specific training plans for it?  When I was considering it, the group I was going to join is doing the majority of their training through Crossfit.  That workout definitely will give you the strength for the obstacles!

I had semi-given up hope on running a half marathon and want to focus on the 7.1 in August that I've run before.  At the same time, I think the half would be a challenge and I might up my miles this weekend and see how I do and evaluate my training from there.  It would be an awesome accomplishment for me.

Last night I just did some lifting and abs from home.  Tonight I am hoping to get to do a 5K at the gym.  We will see how today goes!
  • I'm kind of in a plateau right now- stuck at 131/132 and it won't budge. Any ideas on how to mix it up a little? My plan was to try to eat mostly fruits/veggies/cereal/lean meat this week and see if that helps.

How much weight is everyone trying to lose, out of curiosity? I'm 6-7 pounds away from where I was this time last year, so my goal is really just to get back to where I was cause I felt really good at that weight (125). I'd *really* like to lose 5 pounds on top of that for the wedding, but I'm not holding my breath. (I'm 5'2)
    September 2012 Siggy Challenge: Wedding Preview!
    imageWedding Countdown Ticker

122image 110image 12image
  • And boy you guys can run really far! Good luck with the training!

I'd love to run something like that. I have a heart condition so I don't usually do much of any cardio, but I just started a new medication that seems to be working so I'm going to work with my cardiologist to try to do some kind of 5K if I can. 

• smartly - Do you know how many calories you take in per day?  I would use a site like myfitnesspal to keep track of your calories.  If you are taking in too few you can plateau and actaully start to gain weight.  This will be very important if you start doing more cardio.  You want to be sure you are eating all of your designated calories for the day.  
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-club-boards_september-2012-weddings_accountability-wednesday-5?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20Club%20BoardsForum:a464c18c-2e4d-469b-8eae-3865079cb9cfDiscussion:93b32385-d008-42d3-a78e-8d70666c40aePost:715094c3-952d-4c8c-8e54-46cdfd4d9607">Re: Accountability - Wednesday</a>:
    [QUOTE]I'm kind of in a plateau right now- stuck at 131/132 and it won't budge. Any ideas on how to mix it up a little? My plan was to try to eat mostly fruits/veggies/cereal/lean meat this week and see if that helps. How much weight is everyone trying to lose, out of curiosity? I'm 6-7 pounds away from where I was this time last year, so my goal is really just to get back to where I was cause I felt really good at that weight (125). I'd *really* like to lose 5 pounds on top of that for the wedding, but I'm not holding my breath. (I'm 5'2)
    Posted by smartlypretty[/QUOTE]

i'd like to lose just 5-10 pounds. i was 115 when we started these things, but now i'm 117.5. i wanted to get down to atleast 110, but maybe 105, if possible. sadly, i'm nowhere near that now :( .
    Happily married since 9/1/2012!
    The Whimsical Wifey
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-club-boards_september-2012-weddings_accountability-wednesday-5?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding Club BoardsForum:a464c18c-2e4d-469b-8eae-3865079cb9cfDiscussion:93b32385-d008-42d3-a78e-8d70666c40aePost:715094c3-952d-4c8c-8e54-46cdfd4d9607">Re: Accountability - Wednesday</a>:
    [QUOTE]I'm kind of in a plateau right now- stuck at 131/132 and it won't budge. Any ideas on how to mix it up a little? My plan was to try to eat mostly <strong>fruits</strong>/veggies/cereal/lean meat this week and see if that helps. How much weight is everyone trying to lose, out of curiosity? I'm 6-7 pounds away from where I was this time last year, so my goal is really just to get back to where I was cause I felt really good at that weight (125). I'd *really* like to lose 5 pounds on top of that for the wedding, but I'm not holding my breath. (I'm 5'2)
    Posted by smartlypretty[/QUOTE]

Be careful with the fruits- they have a lot of sugars in them.
    Photobucket
    Follow Me on Pinterest
    Just because you saw it on Four Weddings, doesn't mean it's a good idea.
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-club-boards_september-2012-weddings_accountability-wednesday-5?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20Club%20BoardsForum:a464c18c-2e4d-469b-8eae-3865079cb9cfDiscussion:93b32385-d008-42d3-a78e-8d70666c40aePost:5c423870-e426-414b-a091-91594026575b">Re: Accountability - Wednesday</a>:
    [QUOTE]smartly - Do you know how many calories you take in per day?  I would use a site like myfitnesspal to keep track of your calories.  If you are taking in too few you can plateau and actaully start to gain weight.  This will be very important if you start doing more cardio.  You want to be sure you are eating all of your designated calories for the day.  
    Posted by lbarr088[/QUOTE]

<div>Honestly, I don't really keep track- I'm really bad at it. I think most days it's somewhere between 1,000 and 1,500.</div>

• In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-club-boards_september-2012-weddings_accountability-wednesday-5?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20Club%20BoardsForum:a464c18c-2e4d-469b-8eae-3865079cb9cfDiscussion:93b32385-d008-42d3-a78e-8d70666c40aePost:41ebfeba-072a-484f-9a18-9d751086f6b0">Re: Accountability - Wednesday</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Accountability - Wednesday : Be careful with the fruits- they have a lot of sugars in them.
    Posted by adktd2boots[/QUOTE]

<div>Good point! Like, you can go crazy with a fruit salad and eat like 600 calories if they are super sugary like pineapples and such.</div>

• Yesterday was not too bad all things considered. We went out to dinner for a friend's birthday and I had the most amazing risotto with clams and pork belly. Then we went to another friend's work party where several beers and various shots were consumed by me.

BUT! I made it a point to go to the gym right after work (Tues is my usual day) and did 50 minutes of cardio and then I also walked home after the festivities which was another 40 minutes of exercise.

Now if only I wasn't still hung over...
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-club-boards_september-2012-weddings_accountability-wednesday-5?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20Club%20BoardsForum:a464c18c-2e4d-469b-8eae-3865079cb9cfDiscussion:93b32385-d008-42d3-a78e-8d70666c40aePost:98c0c48e-49ef-4414-880b-fc79cc9616a2">Re: Accountability - Wednesday</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Accountability - Wednesday : i'd like to lose just 5-10 pounds. i was 115 when we started these things, but now i'm 117.5. i wanted to get down to atleast 110, but maybe 105, if possible. sadly, i'm nowhere near that now :( .
    Posted by kellycatalo[/QUOTE]

<div>So we are in the same boat then. Honestly, I'd be fine with 5 pounds of loss if I could just tighten up a bit. I'm really unhappy with my abs- er, lack of them.</div>

• FI is buying me 6 months worth of shakes, meals and bars, from my doctor.  My belly problems are flaring up again and I look pregnant.  The only time I feel good is when I'm eating the food from them.  Im really excited, but cant believe he shelled out all of that money right before the wedding.  This will help me shrink and feel amazing along with it Laughing
  • Kelly - Go for it :) It'll be great to keep you on track leading up to the wedding :)

lbarr - I am an army chick, was in the service for 6 years, and that introduced me to Crossfit, been doing it since :) I have considered a few times getting my trainer qualifications, maybe that's another goal for 2013 :)

Smartly - Total before the wedding I was aiming for 30lbs (all the weight I put on while I wasn' t able to work out during treatment). I lost some, then gained it back again because I was sick and slacking for a bit... back to down 3lbs and working on it again :)
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-club-boards_september-2012-weddings_accountability-wednesday-5?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20Club%20BoardsForum:a464c18c-2e4d-469b-8eae-3865079cb9cfDiscussion:93b32385-d008-42d3-a78e-8d70666c40aePost:52c73b45-8a9a-4338-8d39-a6a90decbac6">Re: Accountability - Wednesday</a>:
    [QUOTE]Kelly - Go for it :) It'll be great to keep you on track leading up to the wedding :) l<strong>barr - I am an army chick, was in the service for 6 years, and that introduced me to Crossfit, been doing it since :) I have considered a few times getting my trainer qualifications, maybe that's another goal for 2013 :) </strong>Smartly - Total before the wedding I was aiming for 30lbs (all the weight I put on while I wasn' t able to work out during treatment). I lost some, then gained it back again because I was sick and slacking for a bit... back to down 3lbs and working on it again :)
    Posted by BMcLeodTeam[/QUOTE]

<div>That is so awesome!  I want to do it and they have a Crossfit gym near my house.  At this point in time shelling out the extra money isn't worth it with the wedding and my regular gym membership.  I'm hoping after the wedding there will be some extra funds :)</div>
  • I ADORE it! I had to take time off when going through treatment, and it was VERY hard for me to find myself 'out of shape' for the first time in my life... loving getting right back into everything!
  • Fi and I are going to the gym tonight to switch his membership from a member+1 to just a member so that it won't hurt our budget when I become a member too.  That way I can go to the gym right after work on my nights off and I don't have to wait until he gets home to go with him.

I'm hoping to lose about 35 lbs at the point.  I'm hovering right below 150 right now and I'd like to get down to 115 which is the lowest I've ever been. 
    Follow Me on Pinterest
    Daisypath Wedding tickers
    220 image 123 image 21 image
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards