Wedding Etiquette Forum
Options

post wedding brunch..

my future MIL wants to host a in-formal post-wedding brunsh at their house. Should I make a not of it in the invitations, or should we just invite people by word-of-mouth?

Re: post wedding brunch..

• Options
    I would invite folks via word of mouth, or maybe an e-mail. If it's meant to be informal, keeping the invitation informal is helpful.
    Items for sale & Detroit vendor Reviews:
    www.detroitwedding.weebly.com
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic Daisypath Anniversary tickers
  • Options

We included postcard invites from VP in our out of town bags for each guest, but we were also a DW, so I am not sure if that would work in your situation.  You could do a word of mouth type thing and then give a reminder at the rehearsal dinner if you'd like.

• Options
    WOM. My cousin did this, and had the MC announce it at the reception, as well as she put it on her wedding website.
  • Options
    Is the brunch for everyone invited to the wedding?  Or does she have a different guest list in mind?  Since it is informal I would invite people by word of mouth or postcard but I would check with your FMIL on number of people and who she would specifically like to invite.

• Options
    We just did word of mouth and pretty much everyone came
  • Options
    If the brunch is for everyone invited to the wedding, then I think it's fine to include something about it in the invitation.  If not everyone is invited, I would either do separate invitations or just invite people verbally.
  • Options
    I think word of mouth and a note in the OOT bag (if you do one) is good, plus list it on your website if you have one. Ours needed a head count so we sent actualy invitations. It is nice to let people, espcially out of towners, know in advance so they can plan their travel accordingly.
  • Options
    I would just do word of mouth. Since it's informal, an invitation isn't necessary.
  • Options
    We did next day trolley ride around chicago instead of a brunch since it was a city wedding and many guests traveled. We were on a budget so we made ur invitations on the computer and they came out great...check them out on this website http://www.celebrationideasonline.com/post-wedding-brunch.html
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards