Wisconsin

Bridesmaid Dress or Pant Suit?

Some of my bridesmaids are older then the typical wedding party. I was thinking of going a less traditional route and having them wear a pant suit similar to pictured below. What I am wondering is if I should have everyone wear them, there are 8 maids total, or if I should let them choose between a dress or suit so there would be a mixture of styles?

Re: Bridesmaid Dress or Pant Suit?

• edited December 2011
    Let them choose. 

How old are your BMs?  Neither of my grandmothers would wear a pants suit because they are for old ladies. 

It is very common to give BMs a color and length and let them choose a dress (or pants) that fits their style and flatters them. 
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • edited December 2011
    Sorry if my post seemed a little rude.  I guess that a pants suit is a pretty specific taste and I wouldn't have my BMs wear it unless I asked them about it.  I still think giving options is the way to go. 
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • edited December 2011
    No no, not rude at all. 3 of my BM's are in their mid/late thirties and a bit heavier and were complaining about the traditional dresses that are out there and spending money on something they will never wear again. The dresses are the one thing that I agree they should be comfortable in therefore I am leaning toward letting them pick between a longer style dress or pants suit. As long as they all match I think/hope it will look okay.
  • edited December 2011
    I similarly have a couple of older, heavier BMs, and just gave them the color and relative fabric preference (so that no one showed up all shiny and disco!) and let everyone choose their own dress. I told them I wanted everyone to feel beautiful, in whatever style they like! If your BMs want to wear pantsuits, why not?
  • edited December 2011
    it's a good idea to give them the option....pick a color and give them some guidelines like material and length (mine have to have straps per the church) and let them pick....then they will be most comfortable and still look cohesive
    imageimage

Sept 2011 Siggy Challenge: Favorite Ceremony Photo Anniversary

~~Planning~~

~~FOR SALE~~
  • edited December 2011
    I would have dresses or pant suits inthe same color... I would let them choose, it woudl be really cute to separate the dresses!
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • gundy21gundy21 member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I am 37, my BMs are all the same age and all of us are in the 12-20 size range.  I don't hink any of us would wear the pant suits - way too old-looking for us.  I was in one of their weddings 1.5 years ago and we wore this dress - www.dessy.com/dresses/bridesmaid/6505/" target="_blank">http://www.dessy.com/dresses/bridesmaid/6505/.  BMs were in their 30s and early 40s, sizes 4-20 and we all looked great.  I have worn this dress once after the wedding (ours were brown).
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Anniversary
  • edited December 2011
    Thanks All...and Kristen I absolulty LOVE the dress option you forwarded. If it comes in a "fallish" color I think it's a winner.
  • gundy21gundy21 member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    BTW - Zita in WFB was the only place we found that had a sample dress at the time.  Their prices were very reasonable (we were surprized - dress was about $140ish) and the service was great - even shipped a bunch of the dresses - 4 of the girls were out of state.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Anniversary
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards