Georgia-Savannah
Options

Savannah wedding vendors???

I live in Atlanta and I am in love with the idea of home away from home type ceremony on the beach or a beautiful garden. I picked Savannah because it's very close to my family and all my guests can get there. I also think it's a very beautiful place and it's like getting a destination wedding without all the travel hassle. I have my heart set on a beach ceremony so any recommendations are welcome. My fiance and I will have 20-30 guests and have a budget of 5,000 or less. For my reception I want great food and music with minimal but beautiful decor. My overall theme is romantic old Hollywood. I would need a venue that fits into my budget and can help me through the planning process since I do not live in the area. Any suggestions?

Re: Savannah wedding vendors???

• Options
    iluvmytxrgriluvmytxrgr member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its Name Dropper Combo Breaker
    edited December 2011
    Hi and welcome.  The closest beach to Savannah is Tybee Island.  The north end of the beach is beautiful for weddings.  You can use the lighthouse as a backdrop.  The Tybee Light Shrine Club is right there.  It would be a great place for you to have a reception.  It would go great with an old Hollywood theme. 
    There are several restaurants in the area that could do catering for you on your budget.  We had 30 people at our wedding.  Sundae Cafe did our catering for $600.   We had a spring salad, beef roast, borsin mashed potatoes, garlic green beans, mushroom ravioli and home made yeast rolls.  It was so yummy.  It was served buffet style. 
    You could also look in to a reception at Marlin Monroe's.  They have a great deck between the beach and pool.  Our friends had their rehearsal dinner there.  They did a low country boil and a few other items.  It was great. 
    If you have any questions about any of the vendors or places, please ask.  I don't mind.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards