Rhode Island
Options

upset over fils, vent

i don't normally post stuff like this on this board, but i don't really have anywhere to vent and my month board is mostly young 20 somethings from the south that aren't really in the same place in life as I am. (I feel our board has a more spread out demographic)

My FIL still have not booked their flights or hotels or anything. Our wedding isnt until August, but obsiosuly with summer around the corner flight prices are HIKING up. Day by day i watch the prices increase (curently theya re $100 more than last year). It doesn't even cost a thing to just hold the hotel with a credit card to make sure they are in the room block and get the discounted rate- and they haven't even done that.
I am beginning to get skeptical if they are even COMING to this wedding.

We had a long engagement (over 2 years) to give his family time to save to come out here because they said theyd be financially unable to in 2011.. and his parents keep saying they dont have any money but last weekend they went to vegas for the weekend (they live 4 hr drive away). They also drink a ton, buy cigarettes, go out to eat all the time, etc
its so heartbreaking and it HAS to be killing my fiance.

He constantly calls them to check on it and tey ignore his calls and emails, they texted him back "THINGS ARE TIGHT WE ARE TRYING" in all caps today.

Short of paying for them we don't know what to do. and we REALLY can't afford that. I feel at a loss, and feel SO horrible for my fiance.

I don't really know what I need- maybe just to get this out in some kind of way. My mom is sick of hearing about it. she said evertyitime i talk about them i start biting the skin off my lips!! nad i dont really want to bother my friends w more wedding drama.

I just went into the supply room at work to cry and i felt like writing this down would make me feel batter.
www.weddedeverafter.blogspot.com
167 Invited image 34 Attending image Declined 4 image Still Waiting 129 image

Re: upset over fils, vent

• Options
    ladies- I just wanted to say thnkas for your advice.
    I haven't made any strides bt fiance finally sent a text to his dad (he kept ignoring his calls) and said "I really hope you can get your flights booked. I can no longer discuss your flight options and pricing with you- as it has become really really stressful for jen and I, especially when we have so many other things going on."

His dad wrote back that he is sorry they are stressing him out.

Then they booked their hotel.
    AT least their hotel is booked. ANd now, their flight is up to them. If they spend $1000 on a round trip ticket PP, its not our fault- its their own.
    www.weddedeverafter.blogspot.com
    167 Invited image 34 Attending image Declined 4 image Still Waiting 129 image
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards