Illinois-Chicago
Options

My dress is in!!

Just got the call this morning!  I'm so excited -- anyone have any advice what to bring with me when I first try it on?  Or if I should be doing anything?  Yikes, I cant believe this is happening!

Re: My dress is in!!

• Options
    kellym050370kellym050370 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    How exciting!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!  I had a ton of time out between meeting my dress for the first time and the wedding so the store just wanted me to come in and try it on and made sure it fit and there weren't any flaws.  So I wore my strapless bra but otherwise I didn't do anything special.

One thing that was recommended by my hair dresser, that you might want to consider, is that she wants to do my hair and make up trial the morning of my final fitting so that way I can get the full look together before the big day.  I like that idea!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    that is a GREAT idea kelly!!
  • Options
    MrsPapsMrsPaps member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    THAT IS AWESOME!!!

I brought my shoes the first time I tried mine one and my accessories so I could see the whole look together FINALLY.
    take lots of pics!!!
  • Options
    aimers1525aimers1525 member
    Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    shoes for sure! Where are you having it altered (if you are)? The store I got mine at suggested I bring whatever undergarments I planned on wearing, but since I'm using someone else to alter it, I didn't bring them.  Even my seamstress said I didn't need to bring anything but shoes. BUT you should bring a camera so you can take pics to show us :)
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Awww yay! I just had my dress viewing.  It was so fun!

I didn't bring anything, even shoes.  I bought my shoes like 20 minutes after I tried my dress on.
    image **Married 7/9/11**
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    You might want to ask the salon. When my dress came in they just wanted me to go in and make sure everything looked right with the person who sold me the dress, not the seamstress. The first fitting was a completely separate appointment. So I didn't bring anything with me. But if you already have your shoes, you might as well bring them in :)
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Mine came in today, too!  I got a message while I was at the gym this afternoon!  So exciting :)
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Mine came in today too! Must have been a shipment to Chicago today! I'm viewing it on Friday, then it is getting sent to my mom in Ohio (and I don't have to pay sales tax) Then my brother is bringing it to Chicago in April and I'll have my first fitting shortly after that!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards