Catholic Weddings
Options

Friday!

Even though the TGIF feeling is someone lessened from the weirdly short week, I know I'm glad for the weekend!

What do you guys have going on this weekend? Fun plans? Anyone have crazy adventures/interesting stories from this week/the 4th that they haven't shared?

AFM -- H is in a good friend's wedding tomorrow morning. We're missing the rehearsal (and probably the dinner) tonight, because H won't get home until lateish (and because he's already missing a couple of days soon with the baby, doesn't feel comfortable trying to escape early). I expect the wedding will exhaust me, so Sunday will probably be a quiet hang out day.
Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Re: Friday!

• Options
    One of my really good friends is getting married this weekend!  I'm flying out to Houston in a few hours and I get to see so many friends (including my MOH and her FI) so I'm reeeeally excited.  I had every intention of getting up early, going for a run, then finishing my laundry and packing with plenty of time to take my dogs to the petsitter.

Of course, my best-laid plans fell to waste and I have spent way too much time on the Internet already.  I've still got lots of time, I just feel like I'm going to forget something now.

I had a really horrible pregnancy-related nightmare last night and it got me FREAKED OUT.  =(  Glad it was just a dream.

Bibli, I'm soooo excited for you and H!  You must be so ready for this baby to be here!
    Anniversary

• Options
    Happy Friday!  I'm getting so excited to see pics of Baby Bibli!

This weekend I've got a Creighton follow-up, a couple bday parties, and that's about it.  I guess I'm pretty boring!  It's 4 weeks til the wedding so I've been getting nervous/excited for that.  It still seems pretty far away.  It's funny, everyone told me that once I get to a certain point, time will start flying.  Well, I've been waiting 12 months and time is still not flying.  Maybe the last week will fly by?

• Options
    Here's my July 4th stories... 

So on July 3rd we went to see fireworks, and we walked a ways from our car, and right as we were getting there it started to rain, but we were able to arrive perfectly in time at the towns large gazebo and didn't get wet at all. So it rained for awhile, and DH knew that his mom and her friends were somewhere also at the fireworks, so we figured we'd call her and see what they were doing. It turned out by then they were sitting in their car in the pouring rain just a few blocks from us, waiting to move in the traffic. So, we ran through the pouring rain to sit in the back of her van so they could drive us back to our car, and sure enough, after 5 minutes it stopped raining. Well, that was fun.

Then, on July 4th, we went to see fireworks in another city, and in one place it said they would start at 9:45, and in another it said they would start "at dusk." So, at 9:30, we're still driving around trying to find a place to park, and they started the fireworks! We were PISSED! So, we're in this huge line of cars that all have nowhere to park, and we're both getting stressed out trying to decide what to do, so eventually we just left b/c we decided that we didn't want to find a place to park only to watch the fireworks for 5 mintues then sit in traffic for an hour.

Oh, then last night we were going to go to the raindate for the city that had been cancelled due to rain on July 3rd, but their website said they were indefinitely postponed (due to the fireworks getting too wet?)

Poor DH, he LOVES fireworks! At least we saw some on Monday night.
    Anniversary
  • Options
    My whole week has been a bit strange because of the day off in the middle.  But the office has been quiet which means it is a great time to get caught up on stuff that has been sitting on the back burner.

I'm going down to Pittsburgh this weekend.  Looking forward to seeing the Impressionism exhibit at the Carnegie Art Museum, taking in an outdoor concert by the Pittsburgh Symphony and going on a boat tour on Sunday. 

I met with some wedding vendors this week so I'm sure my fiance and I will spend some time trying to make decisions there. 

The 4th ended up being crazy because while backing out to go to the fireworks, one friend hit another friend's car... 
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/cultural-wedding-boards_catholic-weddings_friday?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Cultural%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:615Discussion:ad8ad661-fd8a-4bfa-8ef5-a319c3f399c0Post:ca4b774c-deef-4217-b474-c2347a24d20d">Re: Friday!</a>:
    [QUOTE]Happy Friday!  I'm getting so excited to see pics of Baby Bibli! 
    Posted by Resa77[/QUOTE]

<div>Me, too :)</div><div>
    </div><div>We're staying low-key this weekend and looking forward to a break from the heat and humidity. Seriously...I live in Minnesota instead of Florida for a reason!  I don't know how you ladies in the southern states survive summer...  </div><div>
    </div><div>Have fun at your friend's wedding, Prof!  </div>
  • Options
    Happy Friday! We have a fun weekend ahead ending with a nice, relaxing Sunday. Sunday is my only day off, and I think it should come around a lot more often!
  • Options

Bibli,  Don't forget your anniversary on Monday!

• Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/cultural-wedding-boards_catholic-weddings_friday?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Cultural%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:615Discussion:ad8ad661-fd8a-4bfa-8ef5-a319c3f399c0Post:c0467ded-a3ce-4146-b7a5-91305a73a46e">Re: Friday!</a>:
    [QUOTE]Bibli,  Don't forget your anniversary on Monday!
    Posted by ootmother2[/QUOTE]

We won't forget! :) I've actually spent the afternoon making sure my gift is good to go. Do you have plans for your birthday, OOT?

I hope everyone has a fun, safe weekend, and that all your wedding projects get done! :)
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options

Just dinner out with a few friends day of.  Real celebration was on the 4th out at my brother's in NJ.  He gives a huge party every year to celebrate.  To celebrate the 4th I mean ;)

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards