Christian Weddings

Your Wedding Dress

What will you/did you do with your wedding dress after the wedding?  We are approaching our 2 year anniversary and the dress is still in the guest bedroom just waiting for me to decide what to do with it.  I thought about donating it but don't want to pay to send it (plus they ask for a monetary donation on top of the cost of shipping).  I thought about selling it but I'm afraid nobody will buy it.  I'm just wondering what everyone else is doing.

Re: Your Wedding Dress

• MissyCeeMissyCee member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I couldn't bear to sell it or get rid of it. I sent mine away to be cleaned and preserved. So now, it's in a box stored beautifully until I want to take it out...but I can't imagine that'll be anytime soon. I paid $150 for it and it was definitely worth it!
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • edited December 2011
    I heard on one of these boards about making a christmas tree skirt from it. I don't know anyone who does this but would love to find someone who does

June 2012 December Siggy Challenge: Favorite Things about Christmas image
    Follow Me on Pinterest
    Planning Bio Updated 10/24/2011
  • kipnuskipnus member
    First Comment 5 Love Its Name Dropper First Anniversary
    edited December 2011
    My mom puts her dress on every year on their anniversary date--not to go out or anything, but just to wear for a little while and take pics. Kinda cool. It's definitely motivation to stay the same size!
  • edited December 2011
    I really like the tree skirt idea! I also would love to make it my childrens baptisems dresses... Or just save it and see if my daughter would wear it... or my FDIL... I just have no clue...  
  • DramaGeekDramaGeek member
    5 Love Its First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I made mine into a tree skirt!  Or rather, had it made.  I contacted the local bridal alterations guru and she did it for me.  It was a little spendy - $60 or $80 - but I got exactly what I wanted.  I am so excited to pull it out again this year!
  • edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/cultural-wedding-boards_christian-weddings_wedding-dress?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Cultural%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:464687ae-7bc1-4360-9aea-999e11f1e1adDiscussion:e1ba9bac-ccaa-4b1c-bc1a-868d4571094ePost:a7f1af38-a493-46e3-af38-74b11689304a">Re: Your Wedding Dress</a>:
    [QUOTE]I made mine into a tree skirt!  Or rather, had it made.  <strong>I contacted the local bridal alterations guru and she did it for me</strong>.  It was a little spendy - $60 or $80 - but I got exactly what I wanted.  I am so excited to pull it out again this year!
    Posted by DramaGeek[/QUOTE]<div>
    </div><div>I will have to keep this in mind for after the wedding

</div>

June 2012 December Siggy Challenge: Favorite Things about Christmas image
    Follow Me on Pinterest
    Planning Bio Updated 10/24/2011
  • edited December 2011
    That is a brilliant idea. I was debating this too!
    I couldn't decide what I wanted to do with it. I thought about selling it, but I worked hard for the dang dress, I don't want to just give it up. I would feel so unfulfilled.
    I thought about doing a lot of things with it. The Christmas tree skirt sounds like a great idea!
  • SuMmErKuTiESuMmErKuTiE member
    5 Love Its First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Mine is still hanging in the guest room closet as well and hasn't even been cleaned yet! Eek! I'm so torn on what to do.. I feel like it's a waste to keep it as a memento when I could sell it and make money or donate it to a good cause. All I know is I need to get it cleaned first!
  • FaithCaitlinFaithCaitlin member
    5 Love Its First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I'm keeping mine. I'll probably have it preserved!

imageUntitledmy read shelf:
    Faith (FaithCaitlin)'s book recommendations, liked quotes, book clubs, book trivia, book lists (read shelf)
  • BMcLeodTeamBMcLeodTeam member
    5 Love Its First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    My dress is my mother’s dress, but altered to be more modern. I know I can’t part with it, so I’ll hold onto it and maybe we’ll be able to add another generation to who wears this lol
  • edited December 2011
    I have two dresses.  I bought one, decided I hated it, and bought another one.  I will probably try to sell/donate both dresses.
    image imageimage image

My Blog

Anniversary

100/100 books read in 2012
    17/100 books read in 2013
  • mrandmrsbristmrandmrsbrist member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I'm selling mine. I can find a nice Mormon girl who is looking for cap sleeves and cut her a nice deal. I just need to take it to the cleaners. :P
    Pregnancy Ticker
    2010: 41 books, 2011: 31 books, 2012: 100 books
  • kcadonaukcadonau member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    i have no idea what i'm going to do with mine. my mom made it for me so i don't really want to get rid of it, but as of right now its at my parents' house so i don't need to worry about it yet fortunately :)
    Formerly yarmik89 Daisypath Anniversary tickers
  • faith415faith415 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I really want to do a trash the dress session with mine. We got engaged on the beach, and I really wanted to take engagement pics on the beach. Unfortunately, it would have cost us a few hundred dollars to travel to the beach with our photographer for a session! I think a trash the dress session would be a fun way to get those pictures.
  • edited December 2011
    I'm wearing my mama's dress so we'll preserve it and hang on to it to see if any future ladies want to wear it. 
    PostCeremony-131.1
  • edited December 2011

Totally doing a "trash the dress" photography sesh!

I'm thinking the slopes where my fiance and I can do an awesome snowboarding session.

I'm all for pictures. lol

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards