Connecticut
Options

Village at Boulder Ridge

Hi,
I just went to look at the Village at Boulder Ridge, and really liked it...very rustic and more casual then some of the other places I've seen, which fits what we are looking for.  

I was wondering for anyone who has been to a wedding there, or had their wedding there, any negatives?  One of my main concerns is how far away it is from hotels...how do people usually handle that?  I think its at least 20- 30 minutes away from the nearest hotel.  

Any other info about them would be appreciated as well.
Lisa
Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Re: Village at Boulder Ridge

• Options
    I havent been to that venue, but I had the same problem with hotels at my venue.  There is one disgusting motel and a cheap hotel with iffy ratings within 10 minutes of the venue.  There is no way I would recommend the motel to my guests so I went and checked out the cheap hotel.  It was relatively clean and probably worth its price, however I knew most of my guests would not be willing to sleep there.  We ended up booking a block of rooms at a hotel in Avon 30 minutes away.  It is a gorgeous hotel and worth the price.  I think we will still have a small block at the cheap hotel for our budget friendly guests :) So now we have the problem of getting 30 minutes to the nicer hotel...we spoke with some of our "vip" guests and while some don't mind the drive, there is the concern of drinking and driving.  I think when the date gets closer we will talk with the people that have booked rooms and/or are thinking of getting a room and depending on the number of people maybe get a bus to shuttle them.  It is an expense I cannot really afford but I want my guests to be safe.  Basically, if you LOVE the venue like I did, then there are ways to work around the hotel situation. HTH!
  • Options
    My Dad suggested the shuttle bus thing too, so I'll probably end up doing that.  He is concerned with the drinking/driving(He also wants to limit the alchohal we serve because of this...I'm fighting for at least a cocktail hour and wine and beer for dinner), but also that people will be leaving in the dark on twisty country roads...especially the older folks.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards