March 2012 Weddings

Name changed!

My name has now been changed on my SSN card and my driver's license - going to stop by my bank tomorrow and mail out for a new passport on Monday.  Woot!  It is still weird being Mrs. T.  and now I have to start signing that name. 

Still waiting on professional pictures - but due to the circumstance for why they are taking so long I completely understand. 

Who out there is purchasing an album through your photographer and who is making their album themselves?

Re: Name changed!

• edited April 2012
    Isn't it strange having a new name?  I'm kind of mad I changed mine so soon though, it made it so I had to register later for my fall classes and I missed out on THREE of the five I'm taking because they were already full.  Blah!  Sucks being a "W".

As for the album, I wouldn't recommend printing your own.  Just take a look at the options you have (what... Picasa?  Shutterfly?) and then ask your photographer to show you what they offer.  What a professional photographer can get and what everyone else can get is soooo different.  I get going cheap for family albums and whatnot, but for your wedding album you want something nice and heirloom quality.   I am a professional photographer with access to all of that and I am STILL paying mine $1200 for my album!   To me, it's well worth the price. 

Janine & Cody | Georgetown, Grand Cayman | Feb. 28th, 2012

Surprise BFP | Baby Due Late July/Early August 2013

Pregnancy Ticker

I believe in a lot of things. I believe in fresh tennis balls, the healing power of bunnies, and that the novels of Susan Sontag are something I'll never read. In fact, I don't even know who Susan Sontag is. What is she... like... a painter? I believe in Crystal Lite because I believe in ME. I believe in the movies of Val Kilmer, though these days it ain't so easy. I believe in Darren Sproles, the word "dabble", the first season of "Silk Stockings", and big, warm, moist, gooey chocolate chip cookies that melt in your mouth and all over your face.

• I'm actually going to get high quality pictures and put them into an album - not like slide through pages, but not scrap book either if that makes sense. As much as I'd love to do the wedding album professionally, it's simply going to have to wait a while. But that's okay - I'd rather wait 6 months - a year if not a tad longer so we have time to save for it, plus then I'll be ready to get it ordered, right now everything is still so 'new' and still replayable in my head, if that makes sense.

Mary - It was pretty painless, but the guy didn't find it humerous that I didn't know how to sign my new last name. Fail on his part.

It's still really weird having H's name. Someone will call me Mrs. H and I'm like.. huh? wait? whatt? OHH! lol. :)
    Lilypie Premature Baby tickers
  • mary1217mary1217 member
    First Comment
    edited April 2012
    There are sites that do professional work - not shutterfly. It is still several hundred dollars but not as expensive as going through a photographer. 
  • edited April 2012
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-club-boards_march-2012-weddings_name-changed?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20Club%20BoardsForum:955e4823-0be1-44ef-9ee7-99a63794e103Discussion:0c8bc287-7d4c-4a57-858e-b8abdeca5ebaPost:b48b5bf2-d234-4e2c-b6c5-597642be24aa">Name changed!</a>:
    [QUOTE]My name has now been changed on my SSN card and my driver's license - going to stop by my bank tomorrow and mail out for a new passport on Monday.  Woot!  It is still weird being Mrs. T.  and now I have to start signing that name.  Still waiting on professional pictures - but due to the circumstance for why they are taking so long I completely understand.  Who out there is purchasing an album through your photographer and who is making their album themselves?
    Posted by mary1217[/QUOTE]

<div>Congrats!!! We are making our album ourselvevs. I'm very crafty and it is more cost-efficient, and looks just as good if you're good at scrapbooking. </div><div>
    </div><div>On another note, we've been married just 30 days and even today I signed my name wrong again! Hehehe, yes it does take some getting used to!!! So fun! My new name is Whitney W. and it flows so well, I've gotten so many compliments on it! My hubby is definitely a keeper, lol. Our love story is on <a href="http://danielandwhitney.wordpress.com." rel="nofollow">http://danielandwhitney.wordpress.com.</a> Be blessed and bask in this newness of life!</div>
    Visit The Nest! Anniversary BabyFetus Ticker

Blessed by GOD! Romans 10:9 KJV
  • I finally went to the social security office on Friday so my new name took effect on Saturday morning. I am waiting on my new SSC thought to get everything changed at work, bank on DL and the title of my car as well. I already updated it on my resume today! It still looks a little funny to see JBB instead of my old JBC. But I like it! :)
    imageAnniversary
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards