Illinois-Chicago

Outdoor Weekend Wedding Event Venue Suggestions?

I am hoping to find a place where a good amount of my guests can stay at the same place where all the main events will be held. I'd like to be outside and would love to be near a lake, preferrably Lake Michigan. We want to have the weekend to spend more time with friends and family instead of only 6-8 hours that will whiz by as a blur.

We are willing to go 1-2 hours in any direction from Chicago. Our guest count will probably be 200-250 and would love if at least 60 guests could spend the night at the location.

We are already going to see Sans Souci in New Buffalo, Michigan but they only sleep about 22. We are also going to see Gintaras in Union Pier, Michigan, which is a great option except that it would push us to have it next year due to dates available. 

Just wondering if anyone else has some thoughts on how to achieve this outdoorsy, relaxed, weekend wedding that I am imagining.

Any thoughts are helpful, thank you!

Re: Outdoor Weekend Wedding Event Venue Suggestions?

• Have you looked into Lake Lawn Resort in Delavan, WI its right outside Lake Geneva? Its a good size resort were guest can stay they have a few different rooms to have a reception and you can get married outside in front of the lake but its Delavan lake. They have a great room for back up in case the weather is bad. They just opened a renew opened  their new spa all redone. Resturants &a bar. We checked it out because we go there at least once a year for the weekend but it wasn't in our budget. http://www.lakelawnresort.com/.
  • I have looked at Lake Lawn, I suppose it's still an option but a little larger and less intimate that we were hoping for. Thanks for the suggestion!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards