New York-Hudson Valley
Options

Plus Size Brides Part 2!

Hi Ladies,

Well thank you all for your great advice and locations....I actually found my dress today and I LOVE IT!  It's champagne color with ivory lace overlay.  I love the way it feels and looks and now I'm totally excited!

November siggy image
Wedding Countdown Ticker

Re: Plus Size Brides Part 2!

• Options
    edited December 2011
    Atorres, I was just going to tell you - I found my dress today too!!! We said yes to the dress, yay!!!!! yours looks gorgeous and I love the all-lace! Where did you end up getting it??
    Wedding Countdown Ticker Visit The Knot! Visit The Knot!
  • Options
    atorresnyatorresny member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Yayyy...Congrats AlliScott!  So exciting. I ended up at DB and they really did have a great selection. Not sure why the dress looks white in the pics, but it's a golden, almost pink champagne satin sheath with an ivory lace overlay...fell in love because it was simple and elegant like I wanted.

Where did you end up going? and please post a pic of the dress!  One BIG check off of our lists today; I feel like I can breathe again.
    November siggy image
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I'm so glad you told me it's almost pink/champagne, I would not have known that from the pics (on the bottom, it kind of looks it!) but it looks gorgeous on you!! So great that you had a good experience at DB - they def have a huge selection!!

I went to Be Unique Boutique in Mt. Kisco! Had a great experience! Totally was not expecting to fall in love with something because of my huge hips and I'm also almost 6 feet tall. My mom has a pic on her camera of me so until I get that one onto the computer, here's the one from the website! It's going to come in ivory. I definitely feel so much better knowing I have the dress taken care of! Now it's time to live at the gym!

• Options
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    OMG It's stunning!  I love the 2 looks at the bottom and the assymetrical waist is perfect to give you a narrower waist and hips.  Definitely living at the gym because I have about 3 months until my first fitting and I want it to look even more incredible.  I didn't think I would cry but I was so relieved and happy that I did.  Such a huge weight off my shoulders because I didn't think I would find anything I would feel comfortable in.

Congratulations to us and now everything else will be a piece of cake!
    November siggy image
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    edited December 2011

Thanks so much!! I felt exactly the same way about the day, and I did end up crying when my mom hugged me! What gym are you living at??

• Options
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I actually have a home gym, cardio twister, Wii Fit,etc.  You would think that would be easier, but NO, I need to get disciplined!  What gym do you use?  I actually had a Ballys close by that they just closed.
    November siggy image
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Oh you go girl! I really need to take advantage of my Wii Fit, don't know why I have it and it's just sitting there! This is kind of embarrassing, but I actually work at a health club! Club Fit in Jefferson Valley... have you ever been??
  • Options
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    No I've never been there.  It's not embarrasing, just life.  I've used my equipment as a coat rack now it's time to dust it off and get to work.  Where's your wedding taking place?
    November siggy image
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    haha coat rack! The Wii Fit is a great way to keep track of your progress and stuff though! And you're right, sometimes when you work at a place where most people go to play, it's hard to get into the same spirit - I just want to go home at the end of the day! My wedding is at the Thayer Hotel at West Point!
  • Options
    BURGH2NYCBURGH2NYC member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    GORGEOUS DRESS!!!!!!!!  Good for you and congrats!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I LOVE your dress! I already had a dress, but I want to go try yours on!!!! LOL.Its stunning, and looks awesome on you! What does the front look like?
    December 2011 siggy challenge- Furbabies Photobucket
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards