Pennsylvania-Philadelphia
Options

Bridal Shops for Bridesmaids - your thoughts on these?

A few reasonably priced dresses have caught my eye - from After Six, Dessy and Alfred Sung and I noticed the following local retailers carry their lines:

Brides by Demetrios in Cherry Hill
Lizelle in Havertown
La Bella Moda in Conshohocken
Angel Bridal in Haddonfield
The Wedding Shoppe in Wayne

Any opinions on these shops?
I am looking for quality customer service, good variety of dresses and fair prices.
Thanks ladies!

My Honeymoon Location: Curacao
imageimageWedding Countdown Ticker Follow Me on Pinterest

Re: Bridal Shops for Bridesmaids - your thoughts on these?

• Options
    If you can make it to Delaware (just over the boarder) I HIGHLY recommend Frank Bernard's. Great prices, no tax, huge selection, great customer service.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
    Planning Bio
    Philly Siggy Challenge: The Ring!
  • Options
    Sadly they do not sell any of the lines I am interested in.
  • Options
    I bought my dress and all my girls stuff from Frank Bernards Love them!

But A good friend of mine bought her BM dresses from Lizelle in Havertown and had a good experiance and a co-worker used the Wedding Shope and said they are friendly (although I have heard mixed reviews about them)
  • Options
    angelstar975angelstar975 member
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited March 2012
    We bought our bridesmaids dresses for my friend's wedding at The Wedding Shoppe and the customer service was AWFUL. I would never go back there. We had an appointment, but still, nobody really helped us and they were just overall pretty rude to us. Also, the saleswoman insisted that my friend order a size that required her to pay for extra material, but when we got home and looked at the size chart, we realized she should have gotten a size or two down.
    imageWedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    This is helpful - thank you!
  • Options
    My sister mob found the service at the wedding shop to be horrible.
  • Options

Service is extremely important to me - I wonder if anyone has tried any of the others?

• Options
    I'm currently using lizell for my bridesmaids gowns and i wouldn't reccomend them to another bride. i found they were less than helpful (i've had mistakes on the orders and generally didn't like the attitude i had to deal with when i was told they had the wrong dresses...also, they didn't order the dresses until way late because they were waiting on payment from a maid who was actually the first to pay with the receipt to prove it) and i got the cold shoulder when i mentioned i had already bought my dress at another store (i live out of state now) closer to where i live. From that point on, they seemed to care less about my wedding and i overheard the owner badmouthing my choice of color for a spring wedding. i went there from a reccomendation by a friend (she liked them) and then i was talking to another recently married friend whose bridesmaid dresses came in in the wrong color 2 weeks before the wedding. eek! Also, they seem to push for way bigger sizes.

good luck, though! maybe you'll have a better experience!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    Sorry I can't be much of a help. We ordered ours online through J. Crew's website, which was awesome. The dresses arrived in about a week and the girls were able to use a 20% off code, too.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    I would kill to use Ann Taylor, J Crew, etc, but sadly they don't have my color.
  • Options
    I'm not sure if you are trying to stick to a particular area, but I highly recommend L & H Bridal in NE Philly. I bought my gown there and my cousin ordered her gown and her bridesmaid gowns there as well. The customer service has been great!

Wedding Pic Preview

Anniversary
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards