Favors

Candy Favor Advice

This is a bit of a post and run- since I am moving today : (
TIA to all posts and I will be back on tonight to read and respond!

We are already doing a photobooth .. which kind of counts as a favor.. but I started imagining also giving candy.  I am giving each guest a long plastic holder for the photo strips (see pic below) so I thought I could attach this to the plastic bag of candy.  I thought it would look better if the candy was a similar length.  I was thinking of DIY chocolate covered pretzels.

Any other ideas of long candy?

If you have done chocolate covered pretzels.. any advice on how long they last (do I have to do them the day before?.. is three days before okay?.. a week?)  What kind of chocolate should I use?  Can I color chocolate (ie. white background with purple stripes)?  I was thinking of getting the pretzels from Sams club.... but that is the only thing I have figured out.

TIA!!!

Re: Candy Favor Advice

• edited December 2011
    I did long chocolate covered pretzel favors!  They were a HUGE hit and in fact many were eaten before the end of the night.  I bought the long pretzel rods at a local grocery store and the chocolate I bought at a candy store (though Michael's and JoAnn's have chocolate).  I used white chocolate to dip the pretzels in and blue chocolate to drizzle over them.  It was very easy. You can probobly find purple chocolate at JoAnn's.  If not, I'd buy white chocolate and color it with baker's color (used to tint icing).  Oh, and we made the pretzels on Tuesday for a Saturday wedding and they were fine.  My mom said she had one a week and a half after we made them and it was still good.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • edited December 2011
    Thanks Heather... I have been looking through your website.. you have so many cute ideas!!!!  And your pics are absolutely fabulous

Thanks again for the advice  : )
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards