Students

I can't concentrate on school work because of wedding!

I can't focus on school! My mind is wandering in wedding plans. This is driving me nuts! I love to plan my wedding, but I'm just not putting as much efford as I should in school.. does this happen to you? Or am I the only crazy one? (:

Re: I can't concentrate on school work because of wedding!

• HinajHinaj member
    First Comment
    No you are not the only one!!! It happens ALOT with me.  But remember you have to focus on school, that is your priority before the wedding.  I know its hard, when you can do something fun versus studying.  All you can do is try to tell yourself to concentrate on school.  Or at least that is what  I tell myself. 
  • I do the same thing.  Sometimes I wonder if there is a cure.  Prioritizing and scheduling yourself is what I try!
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • It makes me feel so much better I'm not alone! I have talk to F about this, and he is always telling me that school should be my priority *of course I know that*, but the wedding is always in my mind....

In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/special-topic-wedding-boards_students_this-happen?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Special%20Topic%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:684Discussion:84ac7188-4dd5-4ec6-b4be-9e2f788ced3ePost:a4e3305c-d27b-457b-bbc3-b948c4e997ea">Re: I can't concentrate on school work because of wedding!</a>:
    [QUOTE]I If you find a great way to get wedding planning (which I LOVE doing) out of your heads let me know, and good luck in school!
    Posted by JFowley[/QUOTE]

I think I'll just try to designate a few hours a day for the planning and try to use the rest of the day for my responsabilities, maybe you can do the same too (:
  • I totally do this too. In fact, I'm in class right now.  Wedding planning is just so much more exciting than pharmacy school. I'm running out of stuff to plan, so now I'm getting bored. Good luck with school and the wedding!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • I'm getting married my last week of classes, so I plan on finishing all my final projects the week before because I know it will be crazy the week of the wedding, but I'm barely completing weekly stuff on time now.  I am working 2 full time jobs right now so that doesn't help. I'm done plannning so it's just the little stuff and checking RSVPs and TK. And we're in the process of getting a morgage for a condo which has to be signed before the wedding.  So lots of stuff going on. I can't wait until the wedding is over and I can only work one job. Guess I should get moving and get to work on time today ...

Philly Sig Challenge

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    For Sale

magicalkingdoms.com Ticker
  • Wow drink 227, I have to say you're brave! I'm getting married one month after graduation because I knew I wouldn't be able to finish all up at the same time, and keep my sanity :P...

Good luck with everything, and congrats for your wedding! it's not too far away anymore :D
  • Soooo glad I'm not the only one.... I sit in the library full well knowing I should be working on school stuff, but CANNOT take my brain away from wedding details.   I think I need to stop bringing my laptop to school, maybe that will work for you?

Good Luck!!
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Story. of. my. life. ladies. lol Ohmygawd, I have gotten SO bad about prioritizing school time & wedding time. Thank God I'm almost done!
  • My problem is when I really focus on all of my obligations with school, I lose track of time and forget about planning the wedding-which isn't good because there are a lot of important deadlines when you plan a wedding in less than a year. What I find that helps is just making a list of things to do for the day or week, and cross out as many items as possible. Time management is key!
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/special-topic-wedding-boards_students_this-happen?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Special%20Topic%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:684Discussion:84ac7188-4dd5-4ec6-b4be-9e2f788ced3ePost:deff3a26-07fe-4621-a3cb-41dfdb4a12c6">Re: I can't concentrate on school work because of wedding!</a>:
    [QUOTE] What I find that helps is just making a list of things to do for the day or week, and cross out as many items as possible. Time management is key!
    Posted by FJL10[/QUOTE]

I love that Idea! I think I'll try to do something like that! Now I'll just need to find the will to do all the little things I don't like :P...

BTW, good luck with your planning (:
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/special-topic-wedding-boards_students_this-happen?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Special%20Topic%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:684Discussion:84ac7188-4dd5-4ec6-b4be-9e2f788ced3ePost:04dacc5f-a169-4abf-a947-3c756fe962c2">Re: I can't concentrate on school work because of wedding!</a>:
    [QUOTE]  I think I need to stop bringing my laptop to school, maybe that will work for you? Good Luck!!
    Posted by angiem33[/QUOTE]

angiem33<strong> that's exaclty what I need to do, but I can't</strong> because I need the laptop for school! I'm studying graphic design and animation so ALL my work should be done on my laptop. At least this week is finally over and I can use all my time doing wedding planning without feeling guilty :P
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/special-topic-wedding-boards_students_this-happen?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Special%20Topic%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:684Discussion:84ac7188-4dd5-4ec6-b4be-9e2f788ced3ePost:4f832628-c6d2-4976-a4b4-a94bb7bd215d">Re: I can't concentrate on school work because of wedding!</a>:
    [QUOTE]Story. of. my. life. ladies. lol Ohmygawd, I have gotten SO bad about prioritizing school time & wedding time. Thank God I'm almost done!
    Posted by x3Harmony534[/QUOTE]
    lol, seriously, me too.
  •  I'm in the same boat! Since spring break has ended I've found that my grades have slippped.  I've been journaling my to-do lists. I write out my exercises, my diet, my homework, and my to-do's. At the end of each night I view all my accomplishments and I reward myself by browsing through bridal magazines and working in my Wedding planner.  If an idea pops up during my homework time I submit it in my journal, so I don't distract myself from my school work. It has helped out alot!. Just organize your time and record your thoughts, so you can go back to them when your "wedding-reward" time comes.

Congratulations and Good Luck! (Also keep in mind that this semester only has a few weeks left! )
  • Lol, me too!!! I have to really focus to get any homework done :)

Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • i am so in the same boat! all i wanna do is be a full time wedding planner! at least graduation is in 5 weeks :)

tylerandbrittanywedding.com
    tylerandbrittanywedding.blogspot.com
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards